Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christymarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Bad Check
    I wrote a check on a closed account to pay a bill. I did go and pick the check up and paid the amount of the check plus the fees that the business charged me. Now they are still trying to issue an arrest warrant and charge me with account fraud. Can they do this even though I have already taken care of the check? Worried, Christy
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Did you knowingly write the check on a closed account?
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Dec 28, 2007, 10:07 AM
    If you knew the account was closed and wrote a check on it anyway, then yes, they can press charges.

The judge will possibly look at how long the account had been closed, was it on a different bank, how much the check was for and what steps the store had to take to track you down.

If it was an innocent mistake, (ie wrote it on a personal account but now are married) they may let you off.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 08:03 PM
    The fact you went and paid them in full, most likely the DA will not prosecute, but beyond the civil issues ( that you paid) yes they can also press criminal charges

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disability check VS. Child support check [ 2 Answers ]

My sister lives w/ my step father. My mom HAD to leave the home. My sister is 13 and decided to stay w/ father. I don't think he can take care of my sister.. he can't hardly take care of his self. He receives a disability check for his self and my sister gets one also until she is 18. He BLOWS...

Check this [ 8 Answers ]

Me and my fiancé had a kid in June after that she said we'd wait ti we are married to have sex I thought it was a joke but it wasn't so I been sexless since then and I'm getting a feeling that she might want to cheat on me what do I do

Backround check [ 6 Answers ]

Does anybody know if a dwi would appear on a criminal backround check from almost 3 years ago. I would appreciate any input you may have. Thanks in advance philly

Check this out here [ 2 Answers ]

http://www.msftlabrat.com/funstuff/jingle.wmv

View more questions Search