Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris36 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Dec 28, 2007, 12:21 AM
    Over society
    Hi. 1 year ago I was bashed in a restaurant & then shortly after, due to my anger from the incident, I was rude to a close female friend, who then in turn decided to put an Intervention Order [restraining order] against me, for a verbal argument ! She made up lies to get it ! Since then I hate society. I quit my job. I don't go out much. I am having thoughts of revenge & I am not coping. What happened to me, especially the bashing.. I didn't deserve this. I have been to counselling. Cant' cope. Through this whole chain of events, I don't want to be here anymore! I was bashed by a group of ethnics. I am an Australian. I am so racist now. Why did this happen? This has made me into an angry person with no reason to live now and over society, groups of idiots who bash, violence...
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 12:27 AM
    If your seeking an explanation of why this happened to you, it might be better to just accept that it did happen, and try to plan what you will do from this point forward. Things happen to us in life that should not. It does not make them right, and we have no control over changing what has already happened. Would you like to work toward helping prevent those things from happening to others? Would you like to start some other goals? If you could do anything in the world what would it be? Can you think of a first step toward achieving that dream?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2007, 12:29 AM
    Hello, chris36!

How long have you been in counseling?

Dec 28, 2007, 12:45 AM
    I have goals, new job outlook in the future, but I am not coping with seeing people, counselling and going out in public. Only time I like going out now is getting drunk at home, going out, dancing, drinking and if anyone touches me now, I have zero tolerance. I have lashed out at everyone that stands in my way. I was nice in the past, friendly, happy, free.. but now my first response is anger. And I will use it .
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2007, 12:47 AM
    Well you need real counseling. Not a drink, that is not the solution. If your not willing to accept the past and move on to a brighter future. That is your choice. Anger management classes are a must.
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2007, 12:48 AM
    Again, how long have you been in counseling, please?

Dec 28, 2007, 12:52 AM
    Counselling.. 1 session.. hmm.. really doesn't help.
    I am a smart guy. One day I will just look at it differently.
    Signing off . Over it
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 01:06 AM
    I can hear your anger, and hope you will try to avoid lashing out at others because of your past. If you are too quick to strike, you may find yourself in a real problem in the future with the law and even more problems with people. If you let the past incident control you, then you are responsible for that choice, and will suffer as a consequence.

I am concerned that you may not see things as others do, but only from your perspective. Without knowing more about what led to the bashing, or if your anger stems from that incident exactly... I wonder if your being fun loving, carefree etc may have led you to do something that the group of people took offense at... leading them to target you?

I'm not making accusations of it being your fault, just asking you what led you to that place at that time, how were you behaving toward the girl and others, and what made you rude to the girl after the incident?

Take some responsibility for yourself, and quit blaming others for your feelings. Your own thoughts determine how you feel.
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2007, 01:37 AM
    Originally Posted by chris36
    Hi. 1 year ago I was bashed in a restaurant & then shortly after, due to my anger from the incident, I was rude to a close female friend, who then in turn decided to put an Intervention Order [restraining order] against me, for a verbal argument ! She made up lies to get it ! Since then I hate society. I quit my job. I don't go out much. I am having thoughts of revenge & I am not coping. What happened to me, especially the bashing.. I didn't deserve this. I have been to counselling. Cant' cope. Through this whole chain of events, I don't want to be here anymore! I was bashed by a group of ethnics. I am an Australian. I am so racist now. Why did this happen? This has made me into an angry person with no reason to live now and over society, groups of idiots who bash, violence...

Originally Posted by Clough
    Again, how long have you been in counseling, please?

Originally Posted by chris36
    Counselling.. 1 session.. hmm.. really doesn't help.
    I am a smart guy. One day I will just look at it differently.
    Signing off . Over it
    Thank you for answering my question! Yes, one session of counseling for deep-rooted problems usually doesn't help. The first session is usually just a time for you and the counselor to get introduced to each other and to discuss the possibilities as to what the goals and objectives will be in some and as a result of upcoming sessions.

The process to discover and/or uncover and learn proactive rather than reactive strategies to cope with problems that a person has can take months or even years.

Years ago, I was in counseling for anger management, family problems and self-abusive behavior. The process of counseling that I went through took a number of years. I was reluctant to and didn't like going to counseling at first. It wasn't long though, before I began to look forward to and love the sessions that I was attending because finally I was learning how to cope! It was working! A person can speak with family, friends or even strangers on the Internet to try to figure out problems. But, sometimes it takes the knowledge and expertise of a professional counselor to do any good.

Because I don't really know all that much about you or your life situation, I can't and won't assume things about you by posting what I think are the roots of your problems here and how to just fix them yourself. That wouldn't be fair to you. Frequently, it can take a great deal of time, especially on a site such as this, to really know what is going on with a person. In situations such as yours, there usually are no pat answers. I am sure that you are a smart guy, as you say. And, I'm sure that you will look at things differently someday. However, you may need some help in order to achieve looking at things in a positive light.

I look forward to continued dialogue with you!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 09:21 AM
    You may want to get checked by a doctor you could have a chemical imbalance due to lacking some vitamins, minerals and amino acids.

Natural Amino Acid Supplements
    Balance For Brain Health

MyNewsletterBuilder :: Balance Your Brain Naturally (copy)

What The Brain Needs

The brain makes up only 2% of total body weight, yet it is a demanding organ that uses up to 30% of the day's calories and nutrients! Today, supplementation is extremely important to assure sufficient neurotransmitter production and chemical balance.

The brain needs sufficient amounts of neurotransmitters (chemical messengers used by nerve cells) to function at its best.

Stress, worry, emotional distress, chemical use, poor eating habits and pollution deplete neurotransmitters. Additionally, today's normal diet does not provide sufficient nutrients to produce adequate neurotransmitter levels. All combined, these factors can contribute to many agonizing conditions.

Did you know?
    Stress is an American epidemic. Studies by the American Medical Association have shown that stress is the primary factor in over 75% of all illnesses medically treated today.

Scientific studies over the past several years show that high blood pressure, ulcers, migraine headaches, strokes, anger, fatigue, chemical use and many other conditions are often due to the long-term effects of stress

Help for Alcohol Dependency

No one wants to be under the power of a substance they cannot control; yet millions are enslaved and unable to break free from the vicious cycle created by the excessive use of alcohol.

A good amino acid formula is designed to provide nutritional support to help relieve the urges to drink, restore chemical balance in the emotional centers of the brain, increase the sense of internal calm and reduce anxiety

What Are Neurotransmitters and How They Affect Your Life?

Just like hormones govern many chemical functions in the body, the brain's chemical functions are governed by "neurotransmitters."

A neurotransmitter is a chemical messenger used by neurons (nerve cells) to communicate in one direction with other neurons. Communication between neurons is accomplished by the recognition of a receptor for a specific chemical messenger; picture a ball (neurotransmitter) in a cup (receptor).

The human brain is very capable of automatically manufacturing the quantity of chemicals it needs IF it is given the raw materials (nutrients from foods) to do so.

However, normal diet does not supply enough of the raw materials the brain needs to manufacture enough neurotransmitters. Additionally, stress, worry, depression, emotional ups and downs, drugs, alcohol, poor nutrition, pollution and other factors of modern life are known to deplete neurotransmitter levels.

Neurotransmitter deficiency and/or imbalance can affect your stress condition, energy, appetite, cravings, sleep, mood, learning ability, focus, memory, sex drive, anger, irritability, temper, addictions and many other functions of daily life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you think society has gotten stupider? [ 16 Answers ]

Is it just me or is society as a whole getting stupider? No offence. But I have to admit from the status quo, the majority of western civilization is becoming irrational,and just plain retatarted. As a young adult I have noticed these thing, all my friends just party, get drunk get high but wats...

How society functions [ 7 Answers ]

Do you believe society functions in a progressive constant nature through social reforms and change; or do you believe history is more about the rise and fall of societies according to their inner strengths and weaknesses, rather than a constant progress?

Today's society [ 18 Answers ]

In today's society I have found it very difficult to find a woman that likes herself most of the girls I've dated have had a significant amount of flings to relationship ratios and most of them tend to tell me these things without me asking its almost as if most of them have a guys mind like they...

Crime in society [ 2 Answers ]

Why pschology is the main reason for crime in our society?:confused:

Society Rules [ 5 Answers ]

Why don't people follow the society's rules anymore, when it comes to dating?

View more questions Search