Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    auntiealli Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 11:05 PM
    Did my wife file for divorce and I don't know it
    Hi I think my wife filed for divorce about 20 years ago in LA county California. I had my wages garnished and then she said she stopped it. We are now split up. Does anyone know how I can find the records of this other then flying down there. Or have a lawyer do it. Please help me if you have any qlue.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2007, 11:21 PM
    If she did file, then I think that there would be records at the courthouse where the filing took place. Here is the link to the website for the Los Angeles County Courts on how to obtain records that are open to the public. Public Records Requests - Los Angeles County

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I divorce my Philippina wife from the USA? [ 2 Answers ]

I am an American Citizen. I was married in Las Vegas in 1994 to a Philippina. For 10 of our past married years, we lived in Manilla. In 2005 I moved back to the USA alone. I now want to get a divorce from my Philippina Dentist wife. We have 2 children, 13 and 4, who also live in Manilla with...

Wife transferred property out of my name during divorce, can I fight this? [ 2 Answers ]

Living in CA, and my wife and I are in the middle of a messy divorce. She left our residence (mobile home) w/ the children in March, but 1 mo. Later returned and changed the locks, not allowing me access to the residence since that time. After numerous attempts to gain entrance (in order to...

General law on divorce for wife [ 1 Answers ]

I have friends whose daughter and son in law are business partners with them. The daughter is a stay at home mother and is dependent on her husbands income. If she were to file for divorce does that hinder her getting alimony? And how would the business be treated by the courts? He seems to try...

X-wife in defalt of divorce agreement and visitation [ 3 Answers ]

my fiance's x-wife has moved back and forth from miami to orlando fl. Several times over the last 2 years with their now 9 year old daughter. My fiancé has not spoken to or seen his daughter know for 3 months. He is supposed to have visitation according to the divorce agreement with his daughter...

How do I file for taxes, my wife is on H4. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, here is the scenario: -I am on H1, and I have to file for my tax returns. -I got married last year, and my wife is in US since dec of last year. -I want to file her as an dependent while applying for tax returns, so that I can -get more returns then the normal returns. My question is,...

View more questions Search