Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fritzycaptain Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Do Memory Cards Wear Out?
    I have a SanDisk 512MB memory card for my Canon S2 IS, and am wondering if the memory cards might wear out. I've cleaned my lens, and still, pictures don't seem to be as crisp and clear as they used to be. I do eBay, so, have used the card a lot. (1000's of pix) I've never heard they wear out-anybody know? Thanks, Deb
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Dec 30, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Apparently they do!

Do memory cards wear out? [Archive] - WetCanvas!

Memory card - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (look in the paragraph under the first table)

You might want to consider a newer, larger memory card. Larger cards allow for more higher (or highest) quality photos at one time, which may be what you're looking for. Also (and you may not want to hear this), but a new camera with a higher MegaPixel count (like 6 or 7) might also be good.
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Dec 30, 2007, 09:04 PM
    P.s.- wow, I think we have the same camera! Haha
    silly_a1804 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Jan 6, 2008, 10:26 PM
    yes Memory cards do eventually crap out unfortunately. It usually happens when you delete a lot of pictures contiunously from the camera. To extend the life of the card this is what I do I don't delete pictures off the card straight from the camera because one pic deleted = one round of deletion so what I do is ill max it and copy the pics to a folder and erase the card all I one shot so that even if I deleted 1000 pics it only = 1 deletion round. Then I go and delete the pics I don't want from the folder I copied them too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to wear? [ 4 Answers ]

I always dress with black and I want to change but I don't feel good wearing another colors what can I do

Referenced Memory Error - Memory cannot be read. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Windows 2003 Server with 2GB Ram. I get an error saying Application error- Explorer.exe giving referenced memory error at 0x00e113f0 - the memory caanot be read. I have removed the memory and swapped with other server's memory but still get the same problem. Could it be a virus?...

SD Memory Cards [ 18 Answers ]

My roommate bought a 4GB SD card and when my roommate tried it in the computers own card reader it wouldn't work. Than my roommate tried it in the product it was going to be used in and it wouldn't even recognize it. My roommate tried the memory card in the digital camera I have and it said...

Vintage baseball cards; Set of 1986 baseball cards [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I go to find out about selling my baseball cards?

Do video cards wear out? [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a GeForce FX5200 card about a year ago for gaming. I had to stick with PCI due to my motherboard and heard this card was good. Initially I got about 35+ FPS with medium visual quality settings. Now I get about 12 FPS at the lowest settings. What could be the cause of this? Should I buy a...

View more questions Search