Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweatpea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 01:30 AM
    Power of Attorney?
    I will most likely not be present when we close on our house. I want to handwrite a power of attorney and get it notarized. Will this be sufficient? Here is an example of what I will write:

To Whom It May Concern:

I, insert name, born on insert date with social security number insert number give sole power of attorney to my husband, insert name, in regards to any financial matter/decsion and any real estate matter/decision.

Will this be sufficient for closing and maybe other financial matters while I am out of town?

Thanks!
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2005, 05:01 AM
    Poa
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatpea
    I will most likely not be present when we close on our house. I want to handwrite a power of attorney and get it notarized. Will this be sufficient? Here is an example of what I will write:

To Whom It May Concern:

I, insert name, born on insert date with social security number insert number give sole power of attorney to my husband, insert name, in regards to any financial matter/decsion and any real estate matter/decision.

Will this be sufficient for closing and maybe other financial matters while I am out of town?

thanks!

Heading on the document" Power of Attorney Limited"

I, _____________Born on__________ with SS #____________________
    Driver License # ___________________give Limited Power of Attorney TO:_______________________________ for the sole purpose of in regard to the financial matter/decision reagarding the Real Estate Matter/decision. The Power of Attorney expires after the settlement of the Real Estate matter forecoming.

Just a though about the POA, not legal advise>
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Dec 28, 2005, 08:55 AM
    You should ask the closing agent (Title Company) to prepare the Specific Power of Attorney. They will be sure to do it in a format acceptable to all. In the case of a VA Guaranteed mortgage, the Veteran's Administration has their own form that must be used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I file chapter 7 as a power of attorney [ 1 Answers ]

I am POA for my father he almost died in feb 06. He is in a board and care and the costs are too much to pay any of his credit card debit. He only owns a car and has a pension and social security that totals 3400.00 mth. He owes about 28k in credit cards. We're about 3mth behind in payments. ...

Power of attorney info? [ 2 Answers ]

I need info for a speech to teenagers on this subject.

Right to have attorney appointed [ 2 Answers ]

In virginia is it true that you are to receive council appointed by the court within 72hrs?

Power of attorney info [ 1 Answers ]

I ned info for a speech to teenagers

View more questions Search