Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2004, 11:58 AM
    Root Canal Problem
    After five years of 3 different re-constructions on a cracked/ decayed big back tooth, the nerve started to die (v.painful) and has been removed. I now have a temp filling and am awaiting full root canal treatment in a few (6) weeks. When I had temp filling it gave me a disgusting rotting food taste in my mouth. It fell out afer 2 days and the cotton wool dressing in it was digusting- obviously food had got in and decomposed in it'. Got a new one in and I am now getting the bad taste in my mouth again. Obviously it seems that the temp filling is not sealing the area properly; there isn't a lot of tooth left to attach it to. Please can someone tell me what do do. I am sure it must be giving me bad breath. I am thoroughly flossing and cleaning around it etc. Can I leave it without a temp filling until I have root canal treatment? Or would it be best for me to have it extracted? The Dentists don't seem to be arsed about it but I am very much. Any advice??
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

May 29, 2004, 06:10 PM
    Root Canal Problem
    Go back to the dentist and explain the problem. You might also consider eating a diet lower in protein. Brush and floss immediately after meals, and rinse with mouthwash. The problem will probbably persist until the root canal is completed.
    Ace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2004, 07:00 AM
    Root Canal Problem
    You would be interested in Dr. Kulacz' website - www.drkulacz.com. He is a seizures and dental health expert for Deborah Ray show - www.healthyradiotalk.com. Good luck.
    barkerrd Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2004, 05:36 PM
    Root Canal Problem
    Did you ask the dentist if the tooth is restorable? If so, what kind of restoration will he/she do after the root canal is finished? For the sake of this discussion and given the fact that you say that not much tooth structure remains, let's assume that the final restoration will be a crown. Then there is no reason why he could not make a temporary crown through which the root canal can be perfromed.
    The fact that you have to wait six weeks for treatment astounds me. Are you in an isolated area?
    The fact that you need to contact this forum rather than telling your dentist about the problem is worrisome.

I taught dentistry for thirty years and one of the biggest problems I saw was communication between dentist and patient.
    Gracie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2004, 11:58 AM
    Re: Root Canal Problem
    Go take a look at www.secrettruthaboutdentists.com -- it is an amazing site -- it will answer ALL your questions about everything dental-related! I stumbled upon this site by accident and couldn't believe it!!

Jul 31, 2004, 12:30 PM
    Root Canal Problem
    I am not impressed with a web site that makes you buy their book before they answer questions. I am also not impressed with a site that uses a lay person as the administrator. These forums should have an experience professional as the leader.
    Every profession has good and bad. I never consult or hire anyone without a referral from a credible source
    Gracie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2004, 01:50 PM
    Re: Root Canal Problem
    Barkerrd:
    With all due respect to you, be a little more open minded about this site. I am in the medical profession and became aware of this site through a colleague. I found it to be incredibly informative and very unbiased.
    You can peruse the site if you choose not to buy the rights to enter outright... but I think that $10 is money well spent on this kind of shoot from the hip information. It is NOT about dentist bashing... Not at all... it is a consumer's guide to the very complex choices that are to be made regarding our dental options.

Aug 9, 2004, 02:39 PM
    Root Canal Problem
    What is wrong with bias. We all have biases. My knoweldge and experience makes me biased. However, biases without foundation or good reason are wrong.

I am the world's greatest expert on my opinion.

Please don't generialize about my open mindedness about this site. I was speaking to one specific postiing.

Did you notice that Jan, the original poster did not respond to me or the administrator.

In another posting on this topic, Jan is told go to Dr. Kulacz' website. Dr. Kulacz preaches that root canals make people sick.

And finally, I did not mention dentist bashing, you did.
    oannie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2011, 12:12 AM
    To make a new machine for this problem..
    And I want to make it..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did my dentist put on a crown without a root canal? [ 5 Answers ]

Two years ago my dentist worked with my front incisors which had been broken in a freak pogo-stick accident when I was a child. Way back then, my childhood dentist told me one day the teeth might die and need root canals. Fifteen years later, I developed a blister over one of the incisors and...

Broke a tooth that has a root canal and dentist dismissed me as his patient [ 5 Answers ]

Recently I 'broke' a tooth that contained a large filling and a root canal. Because I have diabetes, leukemia and several other serious health problems, including low platlets, 40ish, my dentist of 18 years informed me that he didn't want me as his patient any long. I presume his liability...

Root canal after permanent crown [ 4 Answers ]

Just found out that I need a root canal after my permanent crown has been put in. My bottom left far back molar had cracked requiring a crown. The tooth which had a filling in it looked good with no decay when the dentist prepared the tooth for the crown. After two weeks with the new crown, pain...

Root Systems [ 1 Answers ]

How about helping out a fellow expert,(plumbing page)? I live on the West coast of Florida. When Tropical Storm Gabriel came ashore a few days after 9/11 the combination of rain,(soggy soil) and wind toppled a Jacaranda Tree that was over fifty feet tall and forty eight years old. This tree has no...

Root canal tooth came out [ 1 Answers ]

My back tooth which had a root canal and crown just came out, crown and tooth intact with a silver post. I don't know what to do. Help, I don't think the dentist is in his office until Monday and it is Friday night. I'm thinking the tooth had decayed under the crown. I have a huge hole in my...

View more questions Search