Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandymassey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 08:58 PM
    Child custody
    I really need some advice I recently left my abusive hubby of 5 years. And we have a 7 year old daughter together . I was letting him see her every weekend. Cause she loves her father and I would like her to continue doing so.he pick her up on dec the 17 and went to Florida with her .now he is refusing to bring her back to me. And filed for temp custody of her in Florida . He does not live in Florida he lives in macon ga. But has told the people in Florida that he does live there.neither the law here in ga or in Florida will help me get her back. They all tell me to get a lawyer. Which I would if I could afford one. This man has not allowed to me to hold any job for any long period since I have been with him.he is very abuse and drinks really heavly.he is refusing to let me see her or talk to her.though he has never hurt her in the past it scares me to death that if he gets drunk and angry he will take it out on her. If anyone has any ideas where I could go for help I would really be thankful
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2005, 07:06 AM
    Child Custody
    Hi,
    I am sorry to read about this. If you can't afford a lawyer "outright", do you have a Social Services Department in your local area? Go talk with them, and they might be able to guide you to a lawyer who represents those who aren't rich.
    I am sure some others will be along to help with their answers also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child custody [ 4 Answers ]

In August of this year my daughter went to stay with her grandmother to go to a private school. At the time I believed everything was fine. Since then my mother has not allowed me to see her or speak to her. It's been a long time since I've even been able to talk to my mother. A month after she was...

Child custody [ 6 Answers ]

Can any one give me some avice on child custody?I have sole custody now and the mom is taking me back to court and is asking for full custody.she has been court order to see child on wensdays and every other weekends. She has taken our son two time in last 60 days.how do I keep the sole...

Child Custody [ 1 Answers ]

I live in BC, Canada. I have been in a commonlaw relationship for 6 years now. I have recently found out my partner had slept with someone else 2 years ago. His family has been mentally and emotionally abusive to me and he is an alcoholic. I don't want our daughter around his family at all. ...

Child Custody [ 6 Answers ]

My step daughters mother is tell her daughter that when she turns 16 (shes 5 now) that she can move in with her ( we have full cousty)... I thought this was up to a judge and not the child... can some one tell me if this is true?. Katrina

Child custody [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-husband lives in Arkansas and has custody of my 12 year old daughter. She wants to come back to Virginia to live with me. She has made that clear to him and has even told him that when she comes to Virginia this summer that she is not coming back to Arkansas. She wants me to support her in...

View more questions Search