Ask
    red_angel197292 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Probation violators
    Does judges usually set bond for probation violators
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2007, 02:33 PM
    I would think not. Once probation has been violated, one runs the risk of having that probation revoked and being incarcerated for the rest of the sentence. Remember, when one is on probation one has already been convicted of a crime. Being placed on probation is actually being "cut a break", so to speak, as an alternative to incarceration. So if one doesn't adhere to the terms of the probation, then it's off to jail which is theoretically how it would have been in the first place.
    red_angel197292 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Probation violation
    In regards to your answer thank you but I don't understand how the courts get what they want and he gets nothing now and he wasn't even scheduled for his pos visit and hasn't missed it but they still want him to do what they started doing
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 03:08 PM
    You are not clear. To be on probation he would have been in court and convicted or pleaded guilty. At that point you are placed on probatoin, and normally given a date to report to the probation department,

There you will be given the specific rules, but of course anyone on probaton would know that there are some very general things that can be done, such as new crimes and the such.

But if they are on probation, that is basically saying that they should have been sent to jail for that time, but instead they will be allowed free if they follow the probation rules.

If they violate those rules, the probation officer will issue a probation violation warrant and the person is picked up. At that point they can not be put back on bail, but will be held pending a probatoini hearing.

At that hearing, the judge will decide if they can go back on probatoin, or if they need to go to jail for a while, or if they need to do their entire sentence back in jail ( prison)
    ewall008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by red_angel197292
    does judges ususally set bond for probation violators
    My boyfriend violated his probation and is awaiting his trail, they have set a high bond for him but at least you will know that it is possible...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On probation [ 7 Answers ]

OK I've been placed on probation as of February 1st,2006 until Feb 1st,2009.I'm scheduled for a personal meeting with my student coordinator to set up classes and what not.the problem is it's out of state,I haven't spoken with anyone including my probation officer since January 18th.should I try to...

Does probation violators get second chances [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if probation violators ever get second chances especially when they put their lives in danger and did what the courts asked him to do and what can I do though help him

Getting off probation [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on probation since early 2005 for marijuana less than 20, paraphanalia, and possession of a controlled substance (1 xanax pill). I violated on July 6th 2006 for failing a drug test and have been on community control since. I recently got off community control but now I am on probation...

Probations violators who had it turn out all right [ 6 Answers ]

On 2 year SIS for DUI and driving while revoked. They gave me a break this time because I am also on a 10-year revocation (one year to go). Did this so I could actually get my license back. Done 18 months of private probation, fulfilled all other conditions, have somebody come get me when she calls...

Probation [ 7 Answers ]

My court sentence is Treatment in Lieu of conviction. I am following all of the guidelines, but the probation officer and I have a huge personality conflict. Even though I am following all of the parameters set, he gives me grief every time we meet. It is getting to the point where I am...

View more questions Search