Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackirish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 10:09 AM
    1991 Felony Conviction - can it keep me out of Portugal?
    I am very concerned that a 1991 felony conviction will keep me from immigrating to portugal. The Portuguese consulate in DC said that immigration authorities may deny me. I will be married there this summer, but we are trying to get me back there for more that 90 days by March. I am in the process of obtaining a work contract as an IT professional and hope that and the fact that the conviction is pretty old might help.

Any help or advice is greatly desired and appreciated.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Hello black:

If you let bureaucrats decide your future without any outside influences, I'll bet they're not going to be very sympathetic toward your cause. Exconvicts ain't exactly popular these days.

So, if you want to assure your visa and grease the skids towards immigration, you need an attorney. What you NEED is what they DO.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony conviction [ 5 Answers ]

When asked the question on job application were you convicted of a felony in the past seven years can you answer no if you were convicted 12 years ago

Felony Conviction on an Application [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need advice. I am doing a job search and a company I am interviewing for asks on their application if I have EVER been convicted of a felony. I had some convictions 20 years ago, but nothing since then. Do I have to disclose this information on the application? Is it legal to ask...

Felony Conviction [ 1 Answers ]

Can I Become A Paralegal In Paif I Have A Felony Conviction In Pa?

Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find a job as a felon. What type of work can I do? Can I go to college and if so what are my options;) ;)

Felony conviction [ 1 Answers ]

How to get a felony conviction explunged from your record?

View more questions Search