Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    _keith_ Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 06:18 PM
    Opening Ports on a router
    Have just upgraded to ADSL and tried to access a couple of game sites but when I try to enter a game am refused admission (did all the normal things register etc). Have been told by the SITE that I need to OPEN THE PORTS on my router. I have no idea what they are talking about and was advised to go to a site called portforward.com and bring up my particular brand of router from this site and follow the directions. (I tried this to no avail) My brand of router is D-Link DSL-G604T OPSys XP and I know my ISP set me up with a Dynamic IP. Any help would be appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2005, 07:57 PM
    You need to log into the configuration for your router. This involves going to the router's IP address using your web browser. Usually this is 192.168.1.1. Somewhere in there will be a place to set port forwarding. If you need more specific help call D-Link tech support. They have good and free 24/7 help.

Dec 27, 2005, 08:26 PM
    Thanks Scott
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2005, 07:10 AM
    Opening Router Ports
    Hi,
    Here is a link, explaining step-by-step, how to open ports on a D-Link:

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.as...n=port+forward

I wish you good luck, and Happy New Year.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2005, 07:23 AM
    Here's a site that has helped me with these issues:
    http://www.portforward.com/

Dec 28, 2005, 07:28 AM
    Thanks for your help all

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Direct Cable Connection using Ethernet ports. [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to connect my LAptop to my Desktop at home. I know we should use a cross-over cable to connect the Ethernet ports. But I have no clue as to what are the steps / procees I should follow to mak this connection happen. I would like to have the step by step procedure as what is to be...

Map Ports For WinMx and a Wireless Router [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can map ports needed for WinMx to work on my Win XP machine that is connected to a D-Link wireless router and then a cable modem? All other apps work OK (IE6-etc) but when setting up WinMX (music sharing program) the setup tells me that it cannot set up TCP ports like 6699...

CNC Router [ 2 Answers ]

We are using WINCNC. Is there something better? We have a Warthog CNC router, but the manufacturer's tech support isn't helping us very well. We checked the resolution and backlash compensation, but our cuts are out of the path at at the entry and withdraw points of the lines. A straight line...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Problem with proxy server & ports [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I have been using the Analog X proxy server to access the internet across my network as I had a system crash with Windows XP which has blanked the screen which should show my internet sharing and network settings, unregistered files and deleted DLL files, and it is the only way to get...

View more questions Search