Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scholler mama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 12:46 AM
    Children right in regards to cutody battles
    If a child is 13 years of age and resides in California, is it a right of the child to speak on her behalf and choose who he/she would like to live with when facing a custody battle
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Hello scholler:

Nope. The judge MAY listen to the preference of the child, but the child has NO rights.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 children [ 8 Answers ]

I am starting to keep 2 children ages 12 months and 3 years for 4 days a week from 5:30 P.M. - 11:15 P.M. and Saturdays from 9:30 A.M - 11:15 P.M. how much should I be charging is $75.00 per child too much which is about $2.15 an hour?

My children [ 12 Answers ]

I am in Indiana. My ex hasn't seen the kids in three years partially because our case is assigned in Arizona and he won't sign the paperwork to have it changed to Indiana and he has supervised visitation per the special master in our case whom since he was assigned has resigned for safety...

How to draw up legal paperwork giving me Temporary cutody of 5 kids? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 22 years old. My sister wants me to take her 5 kids . She is going to jail and her husband is in jail. SHe wants me to draw up legal paperwork to give me custody. I do not know what needs to be included in this. So my question is does someone know how to draw up paper work that will be legal...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search