Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbkville Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Title of old black & white movie
    I've been searching for a year for a title of an old movie that I saw years ago, and I've just discovered your site. It was about a woman in love with an insecure pianist (or violinist). It seems like a symphony conductor (?) moved upstairs, (he was very handsome and seems like he wore a cape), and she fell for him. At the end of the movie, her first love was on stage performing magnificently (regained his confidence), and it seems like she left with the conductor. Any clues as to what this movie is? I may not have all the facts correct, but just remember I loved it. Thank you so much
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2007, 04:32 PM
    There is a movie something along your lines. The movie I am thinking about is called, "Deception." The "other man" was a famous composer and she, herself, was a muscian. Her husband was a famous cellist, who she thought died in WWII. Her husband "came back from the dead" so to speak and in the best Bette Davis style, so the deception begins.

Amazon.com: Deception: Video: Bette Davis,Paul Henreid,Claude Rains,John Abbott,Benson Fong,Richard Wang,Bess Flowers,Gino Corrado,Patricia Barry,Ross Ford,Kenneth Hunter,Suzi Crandall,Marcelle Corday,Clifton Young,Richard Erdman,Cyril Delevanti,Russ

Of course, this is just my idea of what you asked for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Title of early 90's or late 80's movie title [ 21 Answers ]

All I can remember is a boy being taken away from his mom in a clear barrel by NASA guys dressed in white suits. Something about doing experiments on him was needed or something. Please help me out if possible.

Title of children's animated movie, 80s, about flying bed and black goo? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering about a movie I saw as a kid, its animated, probably made between 1980 and 1994, about a boy that travels on his bed to another land. I think the bed lands in a swamp at first, and there is a black gooo that comes to attack a castle at the end. It could have been...

Need a title for old black and white movie [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching a movie about a minister who starts churches and then he moves on to another church. It's an old black and white movie which ends with him playing the organ in the church and the neibhbordhood people come to the outside of the church to listen. Thanks.

70s black comedy movie title [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Experts, I'm desperate to find the name of this movie which I remember seeing but not the title (or director or anything else useful). It's an American made black comedy and dates from the 70s or maybe early 80s, set in a big, high-rise city. It's about a quiet, innocent, inexperienced...

View more questions Search