Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Imagine0126 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Could I have a UTI?
    Almost every time I've gone pee for the last two days its hurt. Not really bad, but it has been uncomfortable. Could it be a UTI? I haven't had any other symptoms like having to pee all the time or anything. I don't feel comfortable asking my parents, and I have no way to get to the doctor without them. Is there any at home treatments I could do?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 26, 2007, 04:04 PM
    You can try drinking cranberry juice, or a lot of water... But unfortunately the only way to know for sure if it is a UTI is to have a urinalysis done by your doctor. Typically most UTIs do need to be treated with antibiotics.

Why are you scared to tell your Mom? I'm pretty sure she has had a few UTIs in her day and she would want you to get better.

Left untreated UTIs can become quite serious. So, you really need to have this checked out sooner rather than later.
    carmex Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Apr 18, 2011, 11:47 AM

There are a lot of young girls that are afraid to tell their parents they have UTI because a lot of them were probably recently sexually active and that's how the bacteria (e. Coli probably) was introduced that caused the UTI.

Of course it's entirely possible to get a UTI without being sexually active.

Cranberry juice is a very effective method for preventing a UTI, but it's not as effective at curing it or providing relief once you have one.

Also, it's true that a UTI if left untreated can develop into a more severe bladder infection or even eventually a kidney infection. If you catch it early and treat it effectively, you can avoid the doctor and more serious infections. But if you develop flank pain or pain in the lower back, you really should see a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search