Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2005, 02:06 PM
    Probation Officer
    Hello all:

There's a retired probation officer with the handle magprob. He's trying to hawk a book here. I don't know how much he's trying to sell it for, but don't buy it! He offers a free chapter. I read it. Of course, if YOU ARE a probation officer, then it might help you keeping your charges at bay, but it won't help you a bit if you're on probation.

Don't you dare let yourself get ripped off by this crook. Frankly, I think it's highly unethical to try to sell something in this help forum - especially crap like that. It's not surprising, however. I've net met a probation officer with ethics - OK, maybe one.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2005, 04:20 PM
    Crook
    I also read part of the chapter and yes it appears to be more a training manual for non governmental probation officers.

Many of the city and misdemeanor crimes are done now adays though private probation companies, who are glad to keep you on probation forever since they get a month fee for servicing you. I got a friend who does this and they get about 40 dollars a month for each person on probatoin paid by the person on probation, so if you have a 1000 fine, and pay 100 dollars a month, only 60 goes toward the fine. They even charge late fee if the payments are late.

You know excon you and I should go into that Business,

Also has anyone seen how to report abuse to the people who run this site, I had a real issue with someone a couple of days ago and I could not find any "report" button anywhere, I can not even find a email to email someone
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 27, 2005, 04:25 PM
    Hiya, Chuck! Hey you see that red and white triangle beside where it says to rate the post? Click on that triangle.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2005, 05:40 PM
    Works
    Quote Originally Posted by crankiebabie
    Hiya, Chuck! Hey you see that red and white triangle beside where it says to rate the post? click on that triangle.

Thank you, just call me silly, I had not noticed that triangle before.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2005, 07:24 PM
    Askmehelpdesk Rules
    Hello again,

The following are the rules of this web site as supplied by the site administrator. Please note number #7. You would think a probation officer would follow the rules, wouldn't you? Well, YOU might, but I know 'em too well.

1. Post only questions or answers to questions. Miscellaneous statements belong in the Member Discussions board.

2. Do not disparage any member publicly on the forums, although you may choose to disagree with a member's advice, and say so.

3. Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

4. Do not post content that is significantly equivalent to content found elsewhere on the internet if it can be linked to.

5. Do not post copyrighted content unless you are the copyright owner.

6. Do not misrepresent yourself.

7. Do not advertise or spam.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marine officer or enlisted man? [ 7 Answers ]

I need some advice from people who are not connected with just a recruitment office. My son is graduating in a few weeks from college with a degree in Arabic and Middle Eastern Politics. He studied in Egypt at the American University in Cairo, and worked in Morocco for a SUNY program in the...

Probation [ 7 Answers ]

I was placed on probation for a year for grand theft under 3,000 in fees. Time is up oct. 15-06 I have not been able to pay any money but I have completed all community hrs. I was 2 months pregnant at the time and did not know it I had my child 6-13-06 he passed on 6-30-06 though I have not had...

Probation [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is on probation for a misdemeanor violation (possession of marijuana). He has paid all fines, but has 24 hours of comminuty service to do. He has not done the community service yet because the county tells him when and where he can do community service. They have conveniently chosen a...

Probation Officer dilemma [ 13 Answers ]

My 19-year-old son is currently on probation. He is living at home with his father and I, and we are trying to give him encouragement and support in order to comply with the regulations set forth by the court. When he was arrested (he stole a 4-wheeler) we decided the best thing for him was to...

Phoney NYPD Officer [ 6 Answers ]

I know a guy who claims to have been an undercover narcotics officer for the NYPD. Many if his stories, are there are quite a few, don't add up. How do I find out if he is lying about being "on the job"?

View more questions Search