Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Foul odor from 2nd floor masterbath sink
    I live 2 story house with 3 full bathrooms. In our masterbath whenever we turn on any one of the two sinks, there is a foul odor emitting form the drain for the first 10 to 20sec while the water is running. This will happen every time we use the sinks. It only happen in the master bath. What is the cause and how can I get rid of that sewer like odor?
    AnswerMan58 Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Dec 26, 2007, 07:03 PM
    I Believe That It Is The 'u' Shaped Section Of A Pipeline That Always Retains Some Water In It When Not In Use, Which Prevents Gases (odors) From Coming Through. Trace Line Back From Sink For This 'u' Section And See How It Might Be Connecting With Other Portions Of Your System.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removed unility sink. Now a foul odor coming from the cabinet below. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My husband removed the utility sink in our utility go give us more counter space. Now about a month later there is a very foul odor coming from the cabinet below where the sink used to be. Can you tell me how to get rid of the stink? It seems like it is coming from the wall. tlgoetz

Foul odor from vent [ 2 Answers ]

Out of no where, a very foul odor has been coming from just one cool air return vents when the heat is on or off. It seems to be spreading throughout the house. What is it and who do we call for service?

Gurgling and foul odor [ 1 Answers ]

Every so often ( sometimes more often) When we flush the toilet , we get a gurgling sound in the shower drain. We also notice a foul odor coming form the bath room, often when we have done the dishes , and sometimes just ever so often, more often lately. We sealed the toilet area, checked the...

Foul odor? Please help [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 years old. I was diagnosed recently with bacterial vaginosis and candida. I went to the Dr.'s, took the necessary medicines and when I was tested again, everything was cleared up. I use regular soap (not bar soaps because I have very sensitive skin, extra dry) I was told that products such...

Foul odor = Desulfovibrio [ 2 Answers ]

Dealing with a foul odor from hot water (no problem with cold water) that coincided with installing a new anode rod in the water heater. (Original info here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=9811&highlight=foul+odor ) Got a "premium" anode rod and had the same problem. Experiments...

View more questions Search