Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KayD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Wants blond & black hair w/ roots all blond.
    So the issue is is that a few months ago, I'm estimating about 6 -8, I wanted to put a blond patch in my hair with purple tips. But the blond turned gray.so we did again and it turned a lighter grey and then we put in the purple tips and it looks plumish. I was upset about it so my mom went to get it professionally done and it turned out AMAZING. It was just what I wanted. But the purple turned a cotto candy pink.now my roots are coming in. I have a dark dirty blond natural hair colour. I am happy about it, but it doesn't fit my face. Well I have been wanted to dye my hair all blonde for sometime now. And my mom is always like "you have to wait for it to grow out or your hair will fall out" and ims your she's right because she dyes her hair all the time.but I want to know if I dye my hair first and it is different shades of blonde,then I dye it again, will they all even out?
    iloveLf221 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Dec 26, 2007, 07:45 AM
    If you die your hair too many colors, especially colors that aren't natural hair colors,(purple, pink), than your hair could fall out and your hair could become unhealthy. I don't think that they'll even out though.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 26, 2007, 05:11 PM
    If your hair is pink and you want to go blonde, you will need to bleach or strip the color from your hair and then apply a toner. It would be best to go to a salon and have them do a corrective color.
    liveok Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2010, 02:59 PM

GO TO A SALON! Anytime you are lifting color to achieve a lighter hue. If you have any shade of red.. purple, pink, red etc.. When you bleach it yourself, you will end up with either orangey or pink ends and great roots. If you want your hair to stay healthy, don't go from one extreme to the other. Highlights can often give you the lighter effect you are looking for, without covering every strand of hair. But, this requires having someone who knows how to do highlights and retouch highlights

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOW do you get your dark hair back to blond? [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me! I dyed my hair really really dark brown almost black. And I want to dye it blond again! I've tried everything.. but my hair just keeps on getting redish color... WHAT DO I DO I NEED HELP!! PLEASE HELP ME!

Blond and black [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I have black hair but Iīve bleached it blond so now itīs black and blond and I have to color it again but I like to do it light brown this time What should I do?

Blond Hair [ 1 Answers ]

How do I tone hair that is too blonde?

Black to blond [ 1 Answers ]

I know that there is millions of posts like this, I think I've read them all... but I'm still very confused. About 2 weeks ago I dyed my hair black and it was dark brown with pink highlights, so it would match my extensions. I took my extensions out a week ago and I'm thinking about Red hair....

View more questions Search