Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ELD Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 27, 2005, 09:59 AM
    Help I'm going crazy
    Hi, I am really depressed as my mum does not let me out of the house at all I am always kept inside. I am losing my friends at my new school in england I have just started - a dance school. I live in the Channel islands. I knew this girl at my old school and she was a good friend to me and I told her my problems and she always listened, but my mum said I could no see her again so I didn't talk to her. She knew it was my mum. Now she is at the same school as me and I was best friends again, and we share a room, and again she helped me through things because my mum goes crazy if I stick up for myself to her or anyone else even if they are in the wrong etc, and my mum found out that my aunt invited her to her ouse with me for a weekend and told me I was not to be friends with her again. I don't know what she has a against me. My mum was in a mental home a while ago, and she threatens me that if I don't do as I'm told she will be like she used to in the mental home and go suicidal, but surely if she has a family, (me, my sister and my two little brothers) she is well enough not to go back like that again. And my dad is over powered by her. Also she stuffs religion down my throat like no ones business. I don't know what to do, because I won't be allowed bak to school if I disobey her or tlk to her about it. My dad won't do anything about it.? :( :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2005, 10:09 AM
    Counselor
    I am not familiar with things in England so forgive me.

But I will assume your school has a counselor, I would advise you go see them. And you will have to be very specific about behavior of your mother.

Also you need to seroiusly set down with your father over these matters.

I will not try to judge if your mother merely loves you, wants to be sure you are safe. I am sure my kids may have said similar things about me as they were growing up being forced to go to church 3 nights a week and on Sunday
    But so the life of a ministers kid.

I do not believe that with the little information given, and the possible seriousness ( maybe or maybe not) of this, that you need to talk to someone more trained in these issues closer to you.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 27, 2005, 10:36 AM
    You're not crazy and it's not your fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by ELD
    hi, i am really depressed as my mum does not let me out of the house at all i am always kept inside. i am losing my friends at my new school in england i have just started - a dance school. I live in the Channel islands. i knew this girl at my old school and she was a good friend to me and i told her my problems and she always listened, but my mum said i could no see her again so i didnt talk to her. she knew it was my mum. now she is at the same school as me and i was best friends again, and we share a room, and again she helped me through things because my mum goes crazy if i stick up for myself to her or anyone else even if they r in the wrong etc, and my mum found out that my aunt invited her to her ouse with me for a weekend and told me i was not to be friends with her again. i dont know what she has a against me. my mum was in a mental home a while ago, and she threatens me that if i dnt do as im told she will be like she used to in the mental home and go suicidal, but surely if she has a family, (me, my sister and my two little brothers) she is well enought not to go back like that again. and my dad is over powered by her. also she stuffs religion down my throat like no ones business. i dont know wat to do, cos i wont be alowed bak to school if i disobey her or tlk to her about it. my dad wont do n e thing about it. ????:( :confused:
    Sweetie, you need to talk to the school counselor or a social worker about this problem and your mom's past history of mental illness. This might make her go back in hospital - but since she is threatening to 'change' again anyway, let her be confronted with the bare fact that she can do it, but under supervision and proper medication. She is an unhappy person and is taking this out on you which should not be allowed. Maybe she just needs medication to stabilize her. Your father has resigned himself to this fact and does not seem to care anymore one way or the other, but he should be there to support his children. If nobody else does it, take it upon yourself and see the proper professionals to help her get her mental health back. Even if this takes a while, she'll eventually be better and thankful. Children have more rights than parents these days anyway, so take advantage of this before it's too late - this will eventually benefit all of you. Nobody should make empty threats and get away with it, no matter how old they are. I hope you find the help you need and that you get your friends back. Please keep us posted and don't be spiteful - mental health when out of order, can be worse than organic damage, so it's a valid illness and needs to be treated, and she surely needs help since she threatened suicide and putting pressure on you that she should not. I wish you good luck, and please seek help for her as soon as possible.

Sometimes things have to be hard and strenuous before they get better! We are always put to the test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help, I'm going crazy! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't remember a lot so there is prob no hope in me finding the answer! It was a cartoon I use to watch when I was a kid... I think it was a movie perhaps.. either way it was an animation. I grew up mid 80s to 90s seeing it so it would be from around that time, maybe a little earlier even. ...

Am I going crazy? [ 4 Answers ]

OK, I'm 25 and just last yr I was diagnosed w/diabetes. My dr. told me of all the right foods I need to eat and what wrong foods I need to stay away from. I honestly have to say that some sugar-free items are good but you really can't compare a sugar-free cookie to an oreo. Well, my boyfriend...

Do you think I'm crazy? [ 5 Answers ]

Now this is how my story goes I've known this guy for a year now and we've been friends,very close friends ever since but last November we started getting real close I thot it waz 4 good maybe we culd date but it never happened we talk till d early hrs of the mornin and go to d same college still I...

Help me please I'm going crazy [ 3 Answers ]

OK you well I still like my ex he broke up wit me, because he thought I lied to him but really I didn't.and I've told him the whole story and the misunderstanding that he had so we have talked and do still sometimes. But the prob is I still really love him and all my friends want me to bac out wit...

View more questions Search