Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    priyajude Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 12:00 AM
    Emailing large volume
    Where ever:confused: I want to send by email, a Microsoft document which contains text well as pics, it takes a long time. Even after zipping up the file it takes a long time. Advice
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 26, 2007, 06:27 AM
    How big is the file? If you zip a 20Mb file into 10Mb, it's still 10Mb. Right click on the file and look at properties to see how large it is. Best way to reduce the size is to reduce the number or quality or size of the images... you'll need a graphics manipulation program to do this. Assuming you're on Windows, check out Xnview which is free and relatively easy to use. If you're using Mac OS X, I suggest an easy to use and free program called ImageWell. Here's a short article on reducing the size of images.

If the zipped file isn't that big, then there's a problem with the upload speed of your connection (this is always slower than downloading files to your computer). Check with your ISP for this, or if you're doing this at work, check with your IT department.
    priyajude Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 04:47 AM
    I have heard long back we can save files on the net, due to fear of server crashing
    Bluehazel1953 Posts: 74, Reputation: 8

Dec 28, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Try using YouSendIt - Send large files - transfer delivery - FTP Replacement free and leaves a link in the receivers inbox. Saves cluttering it up. DavidB
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2007, 10:54 PM
    Also remember that your upload speed is significantly less than your download speed in most home internet providers.
    jaspreet2142 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2007, 04:00 AM
    Use rapidshare

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How come when emailing out to Outlook Web Access, it kicks me off on internet? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the possible problem and how to fix it? It keeps me kicking out after clicking SEND button to send outgoing mail... :(

Emailing pictures [ 2 Answers ]

What's the best way to email pictures that on a C.D.

Emailing Music [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend in another state that has asked me to email him one of his songs from an old CD he made... how do I do this?? I tried to attach like any other file... it didn't work... :)

Emailing large files without upload from your PC [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I want to e-mail large files but I don't have them on my PC they are on websites.I don't want to download them and upload them remotely.

Anonymous and secure emailing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there. I live in a country undergoing a coup and human rights abuses occurring daily. In order to send messages with a minimum chance of identification I set up a webmail account, this does not seem to provide useful IP information in a test email but presumably ones ISP could log your use of...

View more questions Search