Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxgawjuzuxx Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Dec 25, 2007, 10:34 PM
    How do resize display pictures properly?
    Um I'm not sure how to resize a picture I'm trying to put as display on my profile it says it has to be 80 by 80 or below 19.5 or something I've resized it so its both but it still says it can't be used? Can any one tell me how else to do it please.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2007, 11:02 PM
    Here is a download to help you resize pictures

Freeware Download: Resize Picture

If my answer helps -- please rate it
    Zayne S Halsall Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

Jan 1, 2008, 09:26 PM
    I've never (as you can see) uploaded my own avatar picture, but as you say the instructions say 80 x 80 or 19.5, whichever is smaller.

Are you certain your images' dimensions are less than 80 pixels by 80 pixels? Are you sure it is 19.5Kb or smaller? How did you resize your image, and how are you measuring its size and dimensions? Finally, are you sure there is no limitation (perhaps not mentioned), on the file TYPE of the picture? Perhaps only .gif and .jpg are allowed, and you are trying to upload a .png or some other type?

If none of the above helps, perhaps you could explain the error message (if any) that you receive when trying to upload your avatar?

Hope this helps.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 06:23 AM
    Relax, if you are talking about this application, you do not have to re-size anything. Select the picture that you want, by using the browse button. Then once you have the picture, click on the "Save" button and it will take care of the resizing.

Even though you get a message that says the upload failed, check the top of the box, if you see the picture, then you are fine.
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Jan 4, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Put it in png format

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't resize my menu bar [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I can't resize the menu bar at the top of the screen. Yeterday my screen reloaded itself and the menu bar changed. The Windows logo appeared to the very left of the menu and the buttons I had on it could not all fit. Also the address bar appeared on the menu bar. (I have Windows xp if it...

Resize video file [ 5 Answers ]

How Do I Resize Video Files To Fit The Web?

How can I resize a photo? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to attach a photo to one of my questions but I can't figure out how to make the KB smaller. I've managed to make it smaller using IrfanView, but the KB remain the same. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Some pictures will not display on myspace w/vista & ie7 [ 4 Answers ]

I have Vista Home version and Internet Explorer 7 on a new Dell computer. I am having problems displaying pictures on myspace webpage and on other myspace websites. Some of the pictures with display OK and some will only show a small box with an X in it. I can right click on each picture and click...

Pictures won't Display [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I try to view pictures on myspace they either have a box with a red X in the corner on Internet explorer or on Mozilla Firefox they show a broken box with 3 little shapes inside of it, why is this, and how do I fix it? Thanks.

View more questions Search