Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krbartlett03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Really sick beagle puppy
    I have a beagle puppy who is four months old. He is normally a happy, active puppy who goes around licking everyone and loves to eat. Well three days ago that started to change. He started the day okay. Then as the day when on he go to where he was the same but he didn't eat any of his dinner. The next day he old ate what I hand feed him and he would run to everyone but no licking was involved. Today he is moving really slow and avoid everyone. What do you think is wrong with him?
    Sarah_the_vet_tech Posts: 38, Reputation: 11

Dec 25, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Is he vaccinated?
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Dec 25, 2007, 10:42 PM
    If he hasn't been vaccinated yet being as young as he is and some of the symptoms your describing, it could possibly be Parvo (worse case scenario). Also being a puppy, you may want to take a look around at anything he may have gotten into that may have made him sick. Either way I would take him to the vet and have him checked out asap.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2007, 10:46 PM
    There are all sorts of things it could be, shots or no shots. The weekend and Christmas is over. You should be able to get into the vet tomorrow. Three days is plenty of time to see he isn't getting better on his own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Beagle puppy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 9 week old beagle that is acting sick about every 2 or 3 days, he eats good for a while then he stops eating and acts sick. His stomach growns a lot during this time and his stool is loose and today he has been throwing up. He picks at his food and then he spits it out and or burries it. ...

My Beagle is sick.again and again [ 3 Answers ]

My beagle got sick about 8 weeks ago. He is only 9 months old. He was lethargic, would not eat, would barely move, and when he did, he whimpered or cried out each time. He wouldn't climb stairs. Basically, for 10 days he dod nothing but lay around and whimper. We took him to the vet on the 3rd and...

8 week old beagle first sick now dirreha [ 3 Answers ]

I'm desperately worried about my new 8 week old beagle .theb first night we had him he was alert playful ate drank and slept well .the following morning however began with breakfast then one hour later he began to vomit and didn't stop.I never offered any more food only water ,but as the day...

Sick Beagle puppy [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, We bought a beagle last week approx. 5 months old. He went to the vet, had a clean bill of health. However, since he came from a store they gave us albon as a precautionary measure. About 2 days after, he started getting lethargic, then the next day started to dry heave. The...

Beagle Puppy [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a beagle puppy from a breeder and he is about 8 weeks old. For the first few days I had him he was great, he was very playful and easy going. Now he tends to growl and snap at anyone who grabs him and interrupts the activity he is engaged with currently. Now this is a problem but...

View more questions Search