Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzmrizu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 08:28 AM
    Noisy dielectric couplings
    I came across this post looking for an alternative such as brass fittings. The dielectric couplings installed are very noisy with water flow. These are exposed pipes in a loft style apartment, I rerouted two separate pipes replacing a galvanized section with copper in each (actually had a plumber come in as the work had to be by a licensed plumber).

Insulating the pipe has not worked. These are the common plumbing feeds between apartments and it has caused us to literally lose sleep.

How can I quite these things down? The noise is emanating at each dielectric coupling like a loudspeaker.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 27, 2005, 05:17 PM
    Please describe the noise. Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is brass an alternative to dielectric union?! [ 8 Answers ]

Good morning speedball, I am very clear on the theory of electrolysis and such between dissimiliar metals in solutions. But I have read that one can use brass fittings in leiu of a dielectric device. I find that hard to be true. Brass may have properties which can slightly negate the battery...

Dielectric Unions - Necessary? [ 11 Answers ]

I have searched this site and others to find information on whether Dielectric Unions are really necessary when joining copper and galvanized pipes. The problem; I have found conflicting advice. In my own case I decided to use them after replacing galvanized for copper at the lav. But both leaked...

Water heater hook up/dielectric unions [ 8 Answers ]

When I moved into this house the hot water heater (3 years old now, gas unit) was hooked up to the existing system with copper fittings. The whole house has copper supply lines. 1. Should I put dielectric fittings between the hot water heater and the copper lines? I know the dissimilar...

Noisy pipes [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I turn on my water the water pipes make a loud noise. What could it be?

Connection for dielectric nipple [ 1 Answers ]

Which way is the best to connect copper to galvenize pipe... gal pipe to brass valve to dielectric nipple to copper..? Thank

View more questions Search