Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collector245 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Central air conditioner
    I have a central air conditioner and I guess for at least 3 days my system hasn't been working properly I had the thermostat set at 72 and the house was at 75 so I went out side and the fan was not blowing at all other parts seem to be OK. I turned the system off for a few minutes and then turned it on again the fan was running slow and the unit was hot to the touch. The fan is only about 6 months old. Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Did you replace the capacitor along with the new motor ? This a common problem, good luck. Mike
    collector245 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Thanks Mike!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which is the best brand of central air conditioner [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, We're planning to purchase a central air conditioner. We've been shopping around and so far the Goodman brand is the one that so far fits within our budget. So I;m asking for some advice if the brand Goodman is a good brand. Thanks!

No heat from Central air conditioner [ 5 Answers ]

I am not getting no heat from my a/c. The fan is blowing out cool air. What is my problem?

Central Air-Conditioner [ 1 Answers ]

I need help, when I turn on the central air, hot air blew out from the vents, and the outside a/c unit did not spin. A contractor came out and told us that the compressor is not working. We have a 35 years old Carrier central a/c, the contractor suggested that we should replace the whole central...

Central Air Conditioner [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My fan to the air conditioner outside doesn't come. There is air coming out of the vents in the house, but no cold. What should the thermoset be set on in order for the fan to come on outside?

Central air conditioner [ 3 Answers ]

The circuit breaker in the house was tripped for the air conditioner. I turned it back on and the fan to the outside unit is not turning on. How do you turn that back on?

View more questions Search