Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayjo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 12:47 PM
    I have a runt in the litter mum is taking it out
    I have a runt in the litter it eyes opend to day, when we can back from from having are christmas dinner the mum dog keep dringing the runt out of the pack and putting him in the living room on the sofa and then in the kitchen she stays with it for a short while then leaves it I keep putting it back in the pack but she keeps bringing it out help what can I do and why is she doing this thank yhou joanne:mad:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2007, 01:15 PM
    She may sense it has a problem and may not make it. If it isn't going to, the rest of the litter is better off if she does put it out.

Might I ask how much research have you done on breeding? Responsible people do exhaustive research before even selecting breeding stock.
    jayjo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Taken more pups out the nest
    I really don't know why my is acting very strange 1st she's taken the runt out now she's taken some more out in2 the kitchen were it is colder then the place were the rest of the pups are she's feeding them in the kitchen I put then back in2 the den and she just takes them back to the kitchen can any 1 please tell my why and can any 1 help thank yhou
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2007, 03:46 PM
    I merged your questions into one thread. I have little more to add. You might as well do a net search. Much of the advice on the net is of doubtful quality, but you may be as qualified to evaluate what you find as many here.
    mrsmlc10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Mothers behavior towards puppies
    Why would a mother move her week old puppies:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 25, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Please be patient, we do this for free on our own spare time. Our Dog Experts may be taking some time off for the holidays to spend with their families. I am sure when Labman or Rubypitbull signs on they will answer you as soon as they read your post.
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Oops! Merging these questions was a mistake. Oh well. Mother dogs move puppies when they don't like the current location. They often want more privacy. They may also want more space to keep the nest clean.

Read before your breed. Articles
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Dec 25, 2007, 10:50 PM
    I'm going to agree with labman on this too. Especially if she's a first time mom, she may just be a little confused with everything. With the puppies getting a little bigger, she may just be trying to find a spot that's a little more "roomy" or quieter. The dog I had moved her puppies quite a few times before she found the right spot.
    But do some research and just keep an eye on them. You could always talk to your vet about it too.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 03:26 PM
    The mom is doing this most likely because you took the puppy and started bottle feeding it.
    As I said in your previous post... doing this may cause the mother to not take care of the puppy because the puppy is getting care from you. She may not see it as part of her litter.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/h...ll-165011.html
    Moon777 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 26, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Hi
    If the mom takes it out let it be this way, nature knows best, just try feeding it yourself, most often with care, the ruts can become the most affectionate and loyal, it is worth the trouble
    Take care and all the best

Moon 777
    twinkel-star Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Maybe she want to disowen you should check it is getting feed and if its its not maybe you should hand raise

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy runt [ 11 Answers ]

My pitbull Nina delivered 6 Puppies on 10/25/06 5 Of them are doing well the runt is not doing to well he is a lot smaller than the other puppies very weak and constantly crying,and or whining while sleeping. I have been bottle feeding him Esbilac but he does not drink much. I'm worried about the...

How can I tell if the runt of my dogs litter is in trouble [ 5 Answers ]

We have never experienced whelping with our rott weiler. She had a runt that weighs half that of the other pups and is not moving as well. Is that kind of thing normal? And what kinds of things do I need to be aware of for the runt of the litter? Thanks!:cool:

Sick runt [ 2 Answers ]

My dog had puppies 2 days ago and the runt is very cold I have been bottle feeding him he will eat and move around but he feels really cold we keep him wrapped up in blankets but we can not get him to become warm again

Runt puppy very small [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 week old litter of labrador puppies. Most of them weigh about five pounds. Our smallest only weighs 2 1/2 pounds. He only nurses for a few minutes and then falls asleep. He will not take a bottle or drink from a bowl. The other pups are eating moistened food now. The vet is keeping a...

Runt not Eating? [ 2 Answers ]

My cat just had kittens (January 13th); five beauties. Most of the kittens are doing well, but one kitty (Cloud) is just smaller than the rest. S/he doesn't seem to eat as much, is much more smaller than the rest in terms of weight, and is much more active (I think Cloud will also be the first to...

View more questions Search