Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just_me23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 12:09 AM
    Insecure. How do I get over it?
    So, I have been dating the girl for about 8 months now and for the last 5 to 6 months of it I have been a real jealous and insecure . Her past really bothers me. Before me she was with 23 other guys! One right after another! I don't feel like I stack up, I mean how could I. I don't think I'm great in bed and my looks are, well lets just say severely below par so I am afraid she is going to leave. How do I get over this?? :confused:
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2007, 12:20 AM
    Enjoy the fact that she is with you now. Those other guys obviously didn't have what she wanted, and now you should just focus on offering what you have to give.
    Simple Asian Posts: 302, Reputation: 13

Dec 25, 2007, 12:39 AM
    dude don't worried about your look or how good u in bed... think about tis.. if u don't have what it take then how come u with her now ? ^^... so just enjoy and have fun... be yourself b.c it the best u can do and u good at it and if she leave u ? U know then there will be better girls ^^...

best wishes
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_me23
    Before me she was with 23 other guys! one right after another!!
    That's pretty amazing. Over what period are we talking about here? Normally, I would say leave her past out of it, but I have to admit this would be a red flag for me too. Not so much because I'd be afraid I wasn't good enough in bed. More because I'd be concerned about STD's. I hope you wear a condom every time. How long did you know her before you had sex with her?
    Just_me23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 06:59 PM
    See was with these guys over only 2 years! I don't know... and now she is getting texts from them at like 3am... and she wonders why I worry and why I get upset...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Well if they text and she says not to text her again, how about maybe even getting a new phone number and not telling the ex boyfriends,

But a persons past if just that, so unless she is doing things to make you think she is seeing someone else, you have to let her past alone.

Next you don't compare yourself to other boyfriends, you are better now becaue you are with her. If you start asking about ex boyfriends, and worrying about being better at this or that, you will never be happy.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2007, 08:51 PM
    It may be that your stomach is telling you this is the wrong one. Are you in love with her, or 'in love' with having companionship?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 26, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Your insecurities will make you see all kinds of weird things in your mind, and if left unchecked, will put a damper on any relationship, or chance to be happy. Having said that, I would feel the same as you, since she is far more experienced with men, than you are with women. Don't be intimidated by that though. Relax and enjoy, but don't lose yourself in this relationship, just go with it. Don't invest all your emotions into this, and keep your life balanced, with other things besides her. It would be a mistake to think you can't live without her, or anyone else, so be responsible for your own happiness, and let her share in it.
    Crista Posts: 66, Reputation: 16

Dec 26, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    It may be that your stomach is telling you this is the wrong one. Are you in love with her, or 'in love' with having companionship?
    I have to say those gut feelings saved me many times!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm so insecure [ 11 Answers ]

OK well I have been in a relationship for a year and a half now. And everything is going GREAT! But I have an issue of my own... I am very very insecure and it had effected out relationship t. I always tell him don't look at girls and he said he don't but everyone keeps telling me that every guy...

I'm insecure [ 3 Answers ]

Hey folks, I'm new to all this, I'm feeling really down this week. I have been drinking a lot lately and so I'm planning on trying to sit in for a while, the problem is we all had a night out planned in a few weeks. I really want to stay in but I'm so worried about my boyfriend going out without...

Was I insecure.or was I right? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, Unless you've read my past posts, you don't know the whole story, but I'll try to condense greatly here: I had a girlfriend who had a problem with my inesecurity over a guy she met while studying abroad. She and he hung out all the time together, he was hitting on her a lot, lots of...

Why does he seem so insecure? [ 2 Answers ]

I Don't Know Why My Husband Always Ask Me What I Am Doing. We Have Been Married For 11 Years. I Am His Third Marriage And This Is My Second. It Really Bothers Me When I Would Get Up From The Chair To Go In The Kitchen Or In The Bathroom And He Would Ask Where Are You Going, He Sees That I Am Going...

View more questions Search