Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Virs85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 10:48 PM
    What are the advantages of pursuing MBA in Mass Comunication?
    I would like to know how is MBA & Mass Communication go hand in hand practically and whar are the benefits of pursuing MBA in Mass communication?? Ist why would one like to pursue Mass communication/MBA in Mass communication instead of Masters in Mass communication? Which one has better carrer oppurtunities?

Thanks...
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 28, 2007, 10:03 AM
    It depends on what you want to do: the MBA will be more on the business management side, the MA will be more on the creative side. If you want to do creative work in mass communication, get the MA; if you want to do management work, get the MBA.

Suppose the MBA will provide you with three times the job offers of the MA, but you're a creative type who loathes the business side of things. You're not going to be very happy with a career in management. Conversely, if you're a management/business type who doesn't have a creative bone in his/her body, you're not going to be very happy (or do well) in a creative job. Not everyone is suited to be an artist... not everyone is suited to be a manager.

My suggestion to you is, pick one track or the other based on where your interests and abilities lie and work at being the best you can be. You'll find job opportunities available to you, even if you choose the track with fewer opportunities (though it may take a little longer to find your dream job). :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advantages and disadvantages [ 7 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a union member

The advantages or meetings [ 1 Answers ]

What are the advantages of meetings? Why do we need meetings ?

Pursuing rent after a right to quit form break of lease [ 5 Answers ]

I am a landlord in Michigan and had a tenant that signed a 12 month lease. They were late after the first month and many other problems with paying half rent then no rent, etc. I asked tenant to pay back rent and rent due for current month (Aug) They refused and I filed a right to quit form. There...

My name is nate michael. Pursuing country [ 1 Answers ]

My name is nate. I want to sing country. Or anything I can be utilized for. I don't know who to talk to or send a recording to, anyone know of any record labels looking for talent. Or a agent seeking someone like me?

View more questions Search