Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1windstar2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Authorized user making C.C. Payments.
    My mother put me on her credit card as an authorized user. I have used the card extensively. I have been making the monthly payments on the card. My mom does not think I will be responsible for continuing to make payment on card if she dies. Am I still held resonsible because I have charged on her card as a authorizd user and have been making the payments? Also, will the card remain open so I can continue to use it and make payments as needed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2007, 02:21 PM
    If she dies and is the ower of the card and the card is in her name, her estate becomes responsible for the debt ( just like right now she is actually the legally responsible party to pay)

So at her death , the credit card company is notified and the accouint will be closed. Her estate will be responsible to pay this debt from money in the estate.

If you want a card in your name, perhaps your mother can sign as a co=signer for your own card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Authorized User of Credit Card Account of Deceased - what now? [ 3 Answers ]

Unusual situation perhaps... I am the authorized user on a number of US credit card accounts on which my father was primary cardholder. My father recently passed away overseas (as a dual citizen of US and the country in which he died) and his estate is being handled by the court of the European...

Credit card authorized user [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I have a credit card issued by (Washington Mutual bank) from almost 3 years ago.. and I added my wife as an authorized user immediately after I received the card... after one year Citi bank sent us two new credit cards cause the old one has been expired so I knew that Washington mutual bank...

Authorized user [ 1 Answers ]

My son made me an authorized user on a credit card in his name. He never used it - it was only used by me during a time when I needed help. I charged 10,000 and could not make payments. He was served on 12/06 and I contacted a lawyer to help with this mess that I created. It's been 12 months...

Authorized user [ 4 Answers ]

I was made a authorized user by my daughter not even knowing about it.Then started getting phone calls from collection agency that I was responsible for the debt that has went unpaid. I explained I was only a authorized user not a co-signer and at the time the credit card was issued to my daughter...

Remove myself from "Authorized user" [ 2 Answers ]

I was the "authorized user" on a BankOne credit card. It has been closed and I've been paying on it for 3 years. I understand an authorized user is not responsible for the payment or liable for the balance? How can I get off this card entirely? The Primary accountholder will not do it.

View more questions Search