Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agrd1977 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Copying mp3s to Sandisk - cyclic redundancy check error
    Hi everyone

Today I bought a 1gb Sandisk memory stick pro duo from Jessops to copy some music/ podcasts to for my phone.

When I try to move the mp3s from my computer to the memory stick duo I get the error "cannot copy xxxxxx: data error (cyclic redundancy check)".

There is nothing wrong with the mp3s as I am able to copy them to the current memory card in my phone.

I am also able to put new sandisk in phone, take picture and load up via memory stick duo.

I have tried formatting the sandisk by selecting this option in properties but it tells me that Windows cannot complete this action. So really I am lost as to what is the problem and any help would be much appreciated!

Best wishes

Alison
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2007, 12:20 PM
    CRC error pretty much means that there's a bad spot on the hard disk. As you have mentioned, if you can copy the mp3s onto your current memory card, then there's no problem with your hard disk. The problem then lies on your sd card. Since you have tried to format it, and it has created an error, that almost confirms that there's an error with the sd. Contact sd, see what they say, maybe they'll give you a replacement.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Dec 24, 2007, 02:03 PM
    I would also try a scandisk, on both the card, and on the hard drive. You will probably need to restart the computer for the one on the hard drive, but if you go to my computer and right click each drive, then go to properties, and click the tools tab, you will be able to check them for errors. I would check the Automatically Fix Errors box, as well as the other one "Can't remember what it says, but it means Physical check, where it scans for bad sectors on the drive as well as just regular filesystem errors). That should take care of any inconsistencies in the drives.
    jaspreet2142 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Dec 25, 2007, 07:05 AM
    Try formatting sandisk from disk management tool
    To do this
    Right click my computer click manage a window will open on left side select disk management and select the drive to be format
    And don't forget to uncheck the quick format check box

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sandisk 2GB with a mac [ 3 Answers ]

We bought a new 2GB sandisk cruzer to transfer songs from itunes in a 2 year old mac to our new mac (laptops). We were using a sandisk 256MG cruzer. It only held about 50 songs. We thought the 2GB would hold 8 times as many songs (at least 7 times as many) but it doesn't. We can get sometimes...

Sandisk iPod [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best/cheapest website for downloading Songs for a sandisk iPod. We were using bearshare But now they are starting to charge. Is there a Site that just charges a monthly fee and not charge Per song downloaded?

Error Message Help: Cyclic Redunancy Check [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, Well my PC was getting a little cluttered with the mountains of rubbish I had downloaded over the previous months, so I decided to wipe my PC clean and start again. Now, of course there was some stuff that I did want and this got backed up to DVD's. I wrote the DVD's in Nero, after...

Spy-Bot Error During Check! [ 6 Answers ]

When I ended my scan w/Spy-Bot Search+Destroy, I saw this error message: Error during check! ISearchTech.ISTactiveX (Ungültiger Datentyp für 'C:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files\ISTactivex.dll') () I tried searching for it under Downloaded Program Files and didn't see it there. My PC is also...

View more questions Search