Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 24, 2007, 10:31 AM
    A Christmas Truce and other Wishes of the Season
    I know that some of us realize that it is Christmas time. Can we agree on that?

What would happen if every husband in the world decided to play nice and chose family over "X". Wouldn't it be so nice not to see all the human tragedy here. Wouldn't it be nice to suddenly relearn that her husband thinks the world of her and would never want to hurt her. That their children can rein supreme for the rest of the season.

When the only thing that gets crossed are his arms around you in a long overdue hug. When he says, hey wife, I know you handled a murderous day, how about you taking the evening off and I'll take care of dinner, clean up and getting the little ones off to bed.

Love, how about we sit by the fireplace this evening, listen to Christmas music, talk and share a small glass of Merlot? Or how about, Love, how would you like me to draw a bath for you so you can relax and I can wash your back and then put some lotion on you?

How would you like just unplug from the race for a few hours and remember what it is that brought you together. Reach a little further back and bring out the dusty old remberances of Christmas with friends, families and you.

For two weeks, call a Christmas Truce between aniexty and yourself. If nations can stop wars for Christmas, why can't we do it also?

Ladies, that's my Christmas thoughts and wish for each and everyone of you and I truly hope all of it comes true for you? It is something that greatly overdue for all of you.

Please append Christmas Wishes to this note.

Enjoy,
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Okay,

So here's my score card so far for the season:

I did choose family over "X", for me "X" was football in general and the NY Giants in particular, give the man a solid 1.

I also get a 1 for item two, except I stay home and my lady slaves for some downtown lawyers. But cooking is a hobby for me and a chore for Bonnie so I fixed about 3 meals last week.

Items 3 and 4, two solid 0s for me. I was my normal butt dragging husband getting decorations up so there was no time for a glass of wine or a fire, certainly I didn't make the time for Bonnie to lavish in a hot, lukewarm or tepid bath.

For the last item a solid one. We took time off to go to Williamsburg, VA. For several shows. An overnight stay for Bonnie's birthday (11/29).

Not shown on the list is the Mikimoto (?) pearls I got her for Christmas a major league 1 for those.

So one week into my truce and I stand at binary 11001 which equals Hex 19 or decimal 25 out of a possible B-11111 - Hex 1F or decimal 31. I also get the bonus for a great gift so that makes my final binary total = 111001 , Hex 39 or decimal 57.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Don, this was, is, a wonderful post, and I enjoyed reading it and your response, keep going! You are getting "1" from me... Hugs and loves for Christmas!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christmas cartoon - 12 days of Christmas [ 4 Answers ]

I've been trying to figure out WHAT this show is called... I just can't remember! Okay, first of all, I think it was called "The 12 Days of Christmas" or something pertaining to that subject. The characters were bear-like. But the story is told by a plucky lady partridge. There was a king who...

Best wishes and Blessings. [ 1 Answers ]

I hope and pray that all who read this, will recognize something good and special in their life today, tomorrow, or Sunday. I pray that Peace and Blessings be upon you. May God Bless you. Precor Pace super vos benedictio. Benedicite. אני מתפלל כי שלום וברכה עליכם. יברכך ה '. أدعو الله...

Christmas Song narration spells out Christmas [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard a Christmas Song that is told as a story. It Spells out Christmas... C is for Christ H is for _______ R is for etc. I believe it was told by an older singer the voice sounded familiar but I'm not able to find the name of the song or the artist. I have been looking for this for two...

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

View more questions Search