Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a7n7o7i7n7t7e7d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Hi everyone,

What measures do we put in place to prevent violence in school? Or How to prevent violence in schools globally and in :rolleyes: :rolleyes: the caribbean?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2007, 07:40 AM
    (Question moved from Introductions to a more appropriate topic area.)

Hello, a7n7o7i7n7t7e7d!

Since you are obviously asking a homework type of question, it would help others to work with you as far as coming up with really good answers if you would state first, what you think would be possible answers to your questions. The rules for asking and answering homework questions on this site are listed on the following link. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/math-s...-b-u-font.html
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 29, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by a7n7o7i7n7t7e7d
    Hi everyone,

What measures do we put in place to prevent violence in school? or How to prevent violence in schools globally and in :rolleyes: :rolleyes: the caribbean?
    Ban guns. Plain and simple.zero tolerance ban guns.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Yeah the shooters go to gun free zones where N0body is going to have a gun to shoot back.
    The trolley mall would have been worse but these two guys with guns made a last minute decision to go to the mall and eat at the food court. If they hadn't had the guns and they hadn't made that last minute decision then more people would have been killed.
    The guy that less than a couple months ago went from the one church to the other shooting people never expected the one security guard at the church to have a gun. He was prepared to kill about everybody in there.

I believe that over 60% of the problem is that kids are not taught to deal with problems and emotions. If something bothers them they are not taught how to cope and deal with it.
    Schools teach kids no tolerance and politically correct stuff that everybody deserves equal. Nobody is a loser, no kid should have problems, etc... Then they have to face reality and see that they do indeed have things they need to deal with and have no idea how to because they weren't taught reality.
    They are put on anxiety meds.
    If they are depressed they are taught something must be wrong with them and put on
    Antidepressants rather than learning how to work their way through depression.
    Many creative people were their most creative when they were in their deeper depression.
    Edgar Allen Poe, Elton John, Van Gough, Norman Rockwell, just to name a few.
    Then teachers don't want to deal with disruptive kids so they are put on Ritalin.

If you check the one thing that most shooters have in common it is either
    A they went off their meds
    B their meds needed re-evaluated

Rarely did any of the shooters NOT take any type of psychotropic drugs.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Study how Mayor Rudy Giulianni et al reduced crime in New York City.
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Mar 1, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Study michael moore. Make watching his films part of the curriculum in schools
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2008, 12:14 PM
    I'd rather watch Alex Jones!
    Michael Moore is a hypocrite and liar!
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Apr 13, 2008, 10:35 PM
    First of all, banning inanimate objects, whether it be guns, drugs or other harmful items, never works because only the honest folks obey the laws on the books. The answer lies in my own life, and is a very simple one. My parents lived through the Great Depression of the 1930's and World War II. They carried with them certain beliefs about how to treat people, how to act in public, how to deal with the various situations that a person faces as they go through their life. My father was a World War II veteran and there were always guns in my house, I owned a .22 caliber rifle when I was 11.

But my father taught me what guns were for and why we had them. He taught me the value of an education and how to treat the kids, bullies and teachers I would encounter there. I never saw my father or mother drunk or using drugs. Though my mother and father had arguments, they never screamed at each other, shouted profanities or threw things. They never divorced. Down through my childhood years they instilled in me a strong sense of values and the overriding common sense notion that it is wrong to treat others in a way that I would not like to be treated.

This is the reason there is so much violence in schools today-there are many many parents who are not instilling these values in their children and are providing a bad example for them to follow. And it is getting worse. More and more parents are failing to do this.

I know because at the age of 18 I became a police officer in the Air Force and have been a civilian police officer, probation officer, and a bailiff. It is shocking to go into a home and see how people treat their kids and how they allow them to act. As long as parents allow their kids to go out the door each morning to school without instilling in them the basic notions of right and wrong, by teaching and example, problems of violence in the schools will continue to grow, as will other problems of a similar nature as these kids move on to face the challenges of society and life in the modern world.
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jun 17, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Teach our children compassion.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Arm the teachers
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

Jul 17, 2008, 04:01 PM
    They could try having metal detectors set-up at the doors. This would prevent anyone from entering with a weapon.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Bring back discipline in schools... these days a teacher is frightened to touch a child never mind dish out some discipline.

There is no respect anymore, caused purley by lack of discipline at school and in the home.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Unfortunately, I am afraid that school discipline is being undermined by the do-good bureaucrats and courts. I don't believe kids should be routinely carried into the halls and spanked, but it can be used appropriately and have dramatic results. I know because I saw it happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domestic violence [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend was dealing with a lot of self issues, his self esteem was real low because he was having problems finding a job, he didn't like the fact that I was the bread winner, and he was falling deep in love with me and didn't know how to deal with it, so he went out and got high on crystal...

Domestic violence [ 2 Answers ]

By law, do I still have to testify against my boyfriend if we get married.

Domestic violence [ 3 Answers ]

Look my boyfriend went to jail got a 100 thousand dollar bail for domestic violence, came home 2 days later to his moms where he is now. What I want to know is when I go to court I am going to tell the truth I just don't want him to go to jail or be fined because we have a newborn together. What...

Domestic violence [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend was fighting I called the police they issued a warrant he went to jail, I got a summons to go to court as a complaint but I don't want him to go to jail so how should I convince the judge that I want to dismiss the case because I rather we stay away from each other.

Domestic violence [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know why if you turn some one in why don't you do any thing. My daughter went with a man who we thought was very nice till my daughter started supporting black and burses. I turn him in to the Redford po;ice for beating the hell out of my daughter and they put him in jail for the...

View more questions Search