Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    incongruous_wastrel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 12:39 AM
    Foolish bet - riddle solution needed urgently!
    :confused:

I have laid a bet with a friend that I can answer the following riddle in the next few hours and not wanting being a stubborn wastrel as well as incongruous I took up on this. Problem is I'm flummoxed! I'm terrible with riddles etc!

If anyone can help me I'd be so so grateful and also slightly less impoverished than I stand to be at the minute!

This is how it was put to me:

I went to a shop and bought it, I was happy with it. I didn't want it, I left without it and I wasn't robbed. What was it?

Apparently the not wanting it is a clue.

Please help!!

IW xx:eek:
    nymph061 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 02:25 AM
    Coffee? Ice cream? We sure are wondering...
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by incongruous_wastrel
    i'm terrible with riddles etc!
    Making a bet on something you're terrible at IS pretty incongruous. Maybe if it costs you money, you'll think twice before you do it next time. Merry Christmas!
    incongruous_wastrel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Merry Christmas all!

The answer turned out to be... a haircut.

I didn't win my bet but I think that it's a pretty poor riddle regardless! Maybe I'm just a sore loser :p

IW xx
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Jan 13, 2008, 03:43 PM
    That riddle sucks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dermo white needed urgently [ 3 Answers ]

I started using dermo white which lightened my skin nicely now the shop I normally get it from have stop selling it I've tried looking everywhere but I just can't find it now I've started using another cream 'so white' but its giving me spots. Any one please help me buy telling me where I can get...

Feeling rather foolish [ 3 Answers ]

I recently received my latest staement from Social Security showing what I have paid in over the years and an estimate of what I would receive at retirement. I noticed that for the past 4 years there are no enteries. I have been working in one place for this time. I looked on my W2's for each...

Foolish [ 6 Answers ]

HELP!! I met this guy and he moved into my house that I owned (Paying the mortgage by myself). After a while he and I consolidated our bills through a mortgage broker using the house as collateral. At this time his name was not on the deed. Then after a year we refinance to get a lower interest...

Need Help Urgently! [ 1 Answers ]

My W2 indicates that I was deducted about $1000 for Social Security tax and madicare tax when I was working on CPT last year. Does anybody know how to get refund? Which forms I need to use and where to file the return? Thanks in advance! Irvin

View more questions Search