Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bridgeman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Blower fan runs for hours
    I have a Luxaire furnace model PCLU-LD14N100A, the furnace comes on and runs for 10 minutes or so but when the heat shuts off the blower keeps running, the only way to shut it off is to turn off the power switch on the side of the furnace, it doesn't do it every time, only about 25 percent of the time. Thanks for any help Jerry
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 24, 2007, 12:17 AM
    Sounds like you have a fan control problem. Sometimes they will stick and cause a problem. The best thing you can do is replace it but some of them are adjustable. Look at the sticky notes at the beginning of this board for info on that control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman blower runs constantly [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a home with a Goodman furnace and had no idea if the furnace worked or not. The thermostat had the wires from the wall cut with no thermostat, so I replaced it. I'm not sure if the thermostat is wired properly... The wires coming from the wall contain 2 wires, red and white....

Oil furnace Blower runs no heat [ 9 Answers ]

I am having a intermintant problem with my furnace, I came home the blower was on no heat , I checked the themostat setting - ficked the service switch off and on a couple of times- burner started, I can hear the burner when it comes on, the furnace ran all day without problem I wake in the night...

Blower runs but won't light [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman furnace installed in 2006. It is an electronic ignition. The problem is that the blower runs but it won't light. Any suggestions.

Heater blower turns off after running for couple of hours [ 3 Answers ]

I have a trane xl80 furnace. It was working fine till a week back when I woke up one morning smelling some kind of strange smell (not exactly a burnt smell but similar). I found the furnace working and the blower was off. I realized that to be problem and hence turned the heater off. The fan would...

Furnace runs but not blower on automatic [ 1 Answers ]

We have just started using the heat occasionally. The furnace is turning on with the thermostat set, but the blower isn't. If I put the blower to manual it turns on, but not in the auto setting. What do I need to do?

View more questions Search