Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fhicks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2005, 05:10 PM
    220v to 110v
    How do I wire a 220v circuit to accept a 110v plug and play spa?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2005, 06:15 PM
    If the circuit is wired up with a 3 conductor cable, 12-3 etc. you could just instal an ordinary duplex outlet in a box connecting either the red or black to the brass terminals, the white neutral to the nickel plated, and the ground wire to the green screw. If the circuit was wired up with a 2 conductor cable, you don't have a neutral and it won't work.
    James W. Acker Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Dec 26, 2005, 08:28 PM
    Need for a separate ground wire
    The way Labman described connecting the wiring is correct, just remember that any time you use the white wire for a neutral you need a forth wire to use as a positive ground.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

110v vs 220v Applicances [ 8 Answers ]

I am redoing a house, and am replacing many appliances (water heater, room air conditioner, mini oven/stove). For each of these, I have the choice of either choosing 110v or 220v applicances. I've always wanted to know: - Is there an advantage to installing 220v appliances. - Is it cheaper...

220v to 110v [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing an electric stovetop. The one I removed had 4 wires.. red, black,white, and bare copper. The new one has 3.. black, red, and bare.. from what I have read here, the old system is a 220v/110v system... I assume that I hook up red to red, black to black, bare to ground. How...

What is better to use 110V or 220V? [ 2 Answers ]

What is better to use 110V or 220V?

Rewiring 220V coffee maker to 110V [ 4 Answers ]

I want to buy a vintage European coffeemaker with a heating element (220V 50hz) and do whatever is necessary to get it to plug safely into a standard two-prong or three-prong wall outlet here in the USA. I've read some answers here about converting a 220V appliance to 110V, but the answers...

Is 220V better than 110V? [ 5 Answers ]

My pool pump is running at 110V. I noticed that I can change the wiring position and run it at 220V. Someone at work mentioned that 220V is more efficient. Would I see a savings on the electric bill? Is this true? The wires now are 12 gauge. Could I just change the breaker and the...

View more questions Search