Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    landomy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Color fade XP-windows
    Yesterday a bad morning for me I left me notebook opened. My little brother was use it
    Anywayz

When I return back I notest that he changed the appearance of the computer and something els
    But I don't now what

See this is the problem!

I don't know how to return it back like the original all so the color of my computer is fade

Help me

I forget to tell I have XP-Windows :)
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Whatever he has done, it would be in your display settings or themes
    Control panel, display and check all the tabs there, check themes, desktop, appearance etc.. Good luck
    landomy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Thank you seahwk83, but I do what did you tell me do to but still the same problem someOne suggested to me to restor my computer from some restor point but I don't know how to do it when I search for it in help and support it say the result is 0
    I don't know what to do :(
    Bluehazel1953 Posts: 74, Reputation: 8

Dec 26, 2007, 11:58 AM
    You could try a system restore. Start>all programmes>accessories>system tools>system restore>make sure restore my computer to an earlier time is checked>pick a BOLD date before the mishap>next and then follow instructions. DavidB.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 02:15 PM
    a system restore is a good idea, this will not wipe anything out just set your computer back to a time when you know it worked properly

Click on start and go to accessories the system tools and go down the list and click on system restore

if your system restore is enabled you should see a messgae to restore your system to an earlier time. Choose to restore to a different restore point, then click next
    highlight a time and date you know your computer worked properly the click next on and then click restore.

This will restore your system settings to the date and time you chose when you know it worked, the computer will restart on it's own and should be back the way it should be a=on restart, Be Patient this may take a few minutes
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 26, 2007, 02:18 PM
    The effect you are seeing, assuming it's the fade out of the control panel, is perfectly normal.

Inactive windows can be set to fade like this when a different active window is selected (focus is shifted).
    So there is nothing wrong with your machine and it is actually a useful feature of XP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do to make my hair color FADE quickly? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have been dyeing my hair black for two and a half years now and have recently grown tired of it. My hair is quite long, it reaches halfway down my back. I have tried in the past to just not dye my hair and let the color fade. But my natural hair color...

What color would my hair fade into.. [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well... I heard that Prell shampoo works well. See... I experiment with my hair often. My hairstylist, Carlos, and me decided I could go a shade and a half brighter in my red because it was fading fast. I was scared to do the whole head so I higlighted it... and because of that, I did not dye my...

How to Remove/Fade Demi-permanent Hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I have been lightening my hair and coloring it different colors for years. About 3 months ago I bleached my hair to a blonde color, hated it and then ended up dying it with permanent hair color a light brown that is pretty close to my natural color. Then 1 month ago I used a dark brown...

How can I get my new hair color to fade faster? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got my hair colored dark red/brown a few days ago and Im trying to get it to fade faster. Ive been washing it and getting outside in the sun. What else can I do?

Does the color of asphalt shingles fade overtime? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I purchased our first home 4 years ago and it was newly built. I noticed the other day that the shingles seem to be slightly lighter than when we first moved in. Do they normally fade over time? You can't really tell that much of a difference if you are looking at them close up, its...

View more questions Search