Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debbs Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 23, 2007, 05:04 AM
    Is hardrive DEAD
    Hi hope someone can help. Have recently had to format daughters hardrive due to lots of problems with viuruses and trojans ( despite warning her of what was out there :rolleyes: ). I managed to format OK, then tried to re-install windows. It got so far then there was a problem with the disk so had to stop. Well, after that when I switch on her PC if the hardrive and dvdwriter are connected nothing works, if I disconnect the hardrive the writer is fine. Hardrive on its own, nothing. Have also tried switching Ide cables, jumpers etc. Also tried her hardrive on my PC, same thing, ( though was OK until windows install ) I have also tried other hardrives and they seem fine. Is the hardrive damaged or dead ?

Any help gratefully apprecitated;)
    mani_jeddah Posts: 75, Reputation: -1

Jan 15, 2008, 10:24 AM
    I think there r some bad sectors on the hard drive try to attach it as client it will work but it can't copy some system files
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 11:10 PM
    Set the jumper on the drive to be a salve or CB(cable select) and put it as the 2nd drivei n your PC and see if windows exploreer can see it, if not the drive is bad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hardrive locked [ 2 Answers ]

My hard drive is locked and I forgot my password

Need definitions for dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class . Please help

Hardrive not being recognised [ 2 Answers ]

I have a hardrive that worked on all the computers in my house and I used it on the computer downstairs moved some files then took it upstairs to watch a film and the computer didn't recognise it well it came up with a little bubble saying windows does not recognise this usb device one or more of...

Back up hardrive [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've recently run into my HD completely crashing and after shelling out $300 bones to retrieve, change the HD and upgrade the OP system I'm wondering how to I back up everything from my hardrive? Should I get a jump drive and what size? Also what do I have to include in the backup other...

Burnt hardrive overload [ 1 Answers ]

My hardrive was replaced due to burnt hardrive overload now its fixed and we cannot retrieve our emails or send from msn messagener coud you please advise us on how we can do so thank you tazannehillier

View more questions Search