Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbj Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2005, 10:27 AM
    Improving Wireless Signal
    I have a Motorola E95 wireless router and the signal is OK and I can receive it in manyrooms in my home but I would like to increase the coverage area without a lot of fuss. I would appreciate any suggestions.
    While I am somewhat computer savy, I am not a tech-head.
    RBJ:confused:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 26, 2005, 10:43 AM
    Try resiting your Wireless router.
    The best place I find for uninterrupted signal around the whole house is in the main hallway. There are less walls, etc to impeed the signal.

Hope this helps.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Dec 27, 2005, 06:24 AM
    Just to add to what Ben said:

Try to have the router central in the range you want and try to visualise the path in a direct line from one antenna to the other. If the path goes through walls at right angles (shortest distance through) that is best, but if it travels through the wall at close to parallel with the wall it has much more brick (or whatever) to go through so you could have problems with the signal in that direction.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2005, 07:18 AM
    Another possibility is adding a hi-gain antenna.

Or you can upgrade to a MIMO router.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any Suggestions on Improving Parent/Teen Relationship? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I am new here also. I have 3 teenagers, aged 18, 16, and 15. The boys (18 & 15) are my biological children, and we adopted our daughter- now 16- at age 9. Our home was her 13th foster placement from the time she was removed from her birth mother’s home at age 5 along with her 7...

Improving my grass [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Indianapolis, In and it is February now. I have a lawn that used to be a horse pasture and it has a mixture of many kinds of weeds and grasses along with real grass of unknown kind. I want to know how to improve my grass growth and reduce my weeds and other grasses. What can I do in...

Improving Images to High Res [ 3 Answers ]

I've created an image in low resolution that I CANNOT recreate in high resolution. Even running through the same steps with the same program it comes out looking very different. I was wondering if anybody knew of a program that can take a low resolution JPG and convert it to a higher resolution. ...

I need help on improving my handles and shot [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to improve my handles and shot? My coach has me playing a 4 because I do not have handles! I am extremely fast and I am good at driving the lane. I would make a good 2 or 3, please give me your ideas. 1- What position do you play? I play a 2 or 3, my coach has me at 4 2-...

Improving Guard Skills [ 1 Answers ]

I'm about 5'11/ 16 Yrs / 128lbs and played on Freshman Team last year. I played the #2 Guard and Small Forward.I was a starter at the 2 Guard. I am coming into my Soph. Year looking forward to playing at least as a JV player. I have a decent jumper from mid range to 3pt arc. My competition is...

View more questions Search