Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaitlinb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Strange cricket like insect under my christmas tree
    I was cleaning up yesterday when out of no where this giant cricket jumped out at me, right out from under the tree. Got my dogs interest. We chased it and couldn't catch it. It was really really fast. And it could jump really high too. It jumped right over my dog who stands 3 feet at the shoulders. I found later that day 2 dead ones (insect) in the kitchen. I wish I had taken a picture, but at the time I simply wanted them gone. I did look carefully at one in case I ever saw one again. It has a cricket like body, but tiger striped, black and green, instead of solid colored. I want to say 6 legs, but could be 8. with the legs it is about as round as a half dollar. Without the legs it is normal cricket sized. The legs stretch out from the body
    If any one knows what this could be let me know.
    Please and thank you
    --Kat
    BBWfromPhilly Posts: 42, Reputation: 5

Dec 22, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Sounds like it may be a camel cricket. You can find pictures on the internet.
    kaitlinb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 05:49 PM
    The pictures are close, but I'm not sure. A co worker suggested that it might be some sort of beetle. In the pics I found on the web for camel cricket the pattern wasn't the same. The ones in my house were more stripped rather than the mottled squigle patterns.
    It could be though. I don't know. Thank you for trying though
    Happy holidays:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog eating Christmas Tree! [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm new to your site! I am hoping that I can get some help! I have 2 adult dogs. They are house trained, But they will NOT stop eating the Christmas Tree! They have eaten the tree & some plastic ornaments on a few different occasions! They do not eat it every time we leave the...

How to get rid of tree roots after you cut the tree [ 1 Answers ]

We cut down some mesquite trees a few months ago. We would like to know how we could get the stumps to rot away. They are cut ground level. Do you have any suggestions.

What is a good Gas Christmas tree valve lubricant [ 1 Answers ]

What would you use as a lubricant, aluminum to aluminum xmas tree gas valve.

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree? [ 1 Answers ]

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree?

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

View more questions Search