Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinnykisvinnyk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Wireless security
    I have a wireless internet connection and would like to know how can I tell if it is secure.
    I am bothered about outsiders getting access to my details e.g. bank stuff etc.
    Thanks in advance to anybody who can help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Do you have to have a pass code to access the internet ?

Do you have a firewall on your computer, do you leave your computer turned on 24 hours a day

With that said, not security is 100 percent, it all depends on how bad they want in and how good they are at doing it
    vinnykisvinnyk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 12:15 PM
    No password to access the internet as far as I know I just click on 'internet' in the start menu and although I spend a lot of time on the computer it is not on 20 hours.
    What lines were you thinking along... vin
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 08:11 PM
    If you are serious about security I think this site should help

OnGuard Online - Wireless Security

Hope this helps -- No one wants someone else in your computer!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless Router Security [ 7 Answers ]

I have an unprotected dlink wireless router. Is there an easy way to set up a password that would block access by my neighbors?

Wireless Home Security Questions [ 6 Answers ]

I am a little confused so I would to know if someone here could help me out. We currently have ADT (contract expired, not extended). We are moving to FIOS and our ADT will not work so we are going to go wireless. We like Alarm.com - 100% Wireless Security Systems for Homes & Businesses for the...

Buying new wireless security system [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a really nice wireless surveillance system from www.jetstreamsecurity.com and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any flaws in owning a wireless surveillance systems? Can they be hacked into with by a neighbor, or can they be tapped into with other hardware. I just...

Wireless Security [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently installed a Linksys WRT54GX2 router. Connected to two (2) PCs running Windows XP SP2 and one (1) running Windows 2000. I have set up MAC filtering but nothing in addition. I have read where Windows 2000 is not compatible with WPA. Do I just set-up with WEP and MAC filtering...

Wireless network security [ 4 Answers ]

I have just gotten a router and set up a wireless net environment in my home. As I live in an apartment, I think it can be easily picked up by anyone. Therefore, I was wondering if there was any way or program I could use to make it secure. Also, I rather not use the WEP provided because it...

View more questions Search