Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomk48150 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 09:33 AM
    4 wire thermostat wiring
    I just purchased a Hunter 44660 thermostat. I have four wirers coming to the thermostat
    Red
    Green
    White Blue

Options to wire to stat
    Y1
    RH
    RC1
    RC
    YO
    WB
    G
    Stats directions use a jumper between RH & RC

I do know the GREEN is from the blower and the RED is hot from trans

Please let me know where to connect each
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2007, 01:51 PM
    The usual colors are green, yellow, white and Red.

1st question. What colors are attached to what labels on the old stat?
    2nd question: Can you post a link to the manual?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Northernheat posted this quite some time ago and you'll find it useful.https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...tml#post268211
    For $1.99 donation here is a pdf version of your manual Hunter 44660 Thermostat Manual Do you have central a/c?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 03:40 PM
    I do not believe in paying for a manual.
    Here is one for free for your model.
    Just type in your model number in the model box.

New Page 1
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2007, 04:27 PM
    It sounds to me like you already have the manual to the new thermostat. Maybe you have already checked the sticky and have it wired up. If you still need more help, go to the furnace and see what the wires are connected to there. Connect them to the same terminals at the thermostat.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Good info hvac1000.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat wiring - extra wire [ 2 Answers ]

I'm replacing a Honeywell TH110D non-programmable thermostat with a Honeywell RTH230B Programmable. The old one has 6 wires -Rc (jumpered to R) -R (red) -Y (yellow) -C (green) -W (white) -G (blue) And the new one has Rh, Rc, W, Y, and G. I have all those connected as per the directions...

Hooking up a new thermostat but old thermostat has a white and a black wire? [ 2 Answers ]

Everything I look at indicates a white and red wire for the connecting wires. Our thermostat is probably original to our home (1943). It has two wires. It is difficult to tell but it looks like one is a white wire and the other is black. I've tried looking on the internet for some info however...

5-wire thermostat - LOST a few wire labels. HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a programmable thermostat (upgrading from a previous programmable that wasn't to our liking. When taking the old thermostat off, I noticed 4 of the 5 wires were labelled. That's a good thing. HOWEVER, when I took the old baseplate off, 2 of the labels fell off (not sure from...

Wiring a 2 wire thermostat to a 4 wire system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace equipped with central air.The compressor is shot in the AC unit,and I needed to replace the thermostat so I bought a heating only thermostat.I have the blower and the w wires together on the w terminal designation and the rh on the r terminal designation, and I have the y wire...

View more questions Search