Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jawad_babar Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Dec 25, 2005, 11:34 PM
    Laptop for 100dollars.
    Hi,
    Some days ago a friend of mine told me that a computer manufacturing company (I just don't remember it's name) has launched or going to launch a laptop for children which costs only 100dollars.
    Does anybody has more info regarding this? When it will arrive in market? What kind of softwares does it have?
    Please comment.
    Thanks.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Dec 25, 2005, 11:49 PM
    http://laptop.media.mit.edu/

The laptops are still being planned to sell for $100 and will run Linux.

Note that the $100 is a volume purchase price, if the laptops do become available to individual consumers it will be at a significantly higher cost.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2005, 04:43 AM
    100 Dollar Laptops
    Hi,
    Here is another link:

http://news.com.com/The+100+laptop+m...3-5884683.html

The link above says the laptops will be wind-up, for education purposes, distributed to developing nations' governments, then given, free, to schools.
    Best wishes, and I hope this helps you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which laptop [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am Claire, I want a laptop for making home movies and I want to know what is the best one to get. I want good graphics, large memory and very portable. Any advice would be great. Thanks

New laptop [ 6 Answers ]

I just purchased a laptop a couple of months ago. I have been using a dialup to connect to the net. I was wondering if I could use my cell phone to connect by just attaching it to my laptop and dialing out?

Best Laptop for... [ 3 Answers ]

I use Dragon Speaking Naturally, and need at least 500 MHz. I also have a preference for something light, as I travel/write, and word processing is my main desire. I want something with a screen size around 10 or 11 inches. Sound Blaster (clone) is recommended. A (built-in) CDrw/DVD would be...

Which laptop? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to purchase a laptop, most probably used,but I haven't a clue how to begin knowing which one is best. I've tried a few of my friend's but I am still not sure what to look for. I'm not going to be doing anything fancy, like desktop publishing, but I would like to be able to see DVDs, and...

View more questions Search