Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MyDarling Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Office Cleaning Quote
    I'm writing my proposal for Office Cleaning. I'm having a hard time figuring out how much to charge per sq ft for a 4000sq ft, 800 sq ft, and 6500 sq ft medical offices. They supply the products and equipment. I just have to do the general Dusting, sweeping, mopping, and trash removal. It's 5 days a week in the evening and should take up to 4-5 hours per night for all three offices. I'm in Va.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 04:42 PM
    If you know how long it should take, how much a hour do you need to make, remember as a self employed person, you are paying the full 15 percent "self employment" tax or what working people know as the social security tax. You will also have your normal federal and state taxes. So remember about 40 percent of what you take in, is paid out in government taxes. **** welcome to the world of self employed****

Also you have to understand you are not covered by unemployment, and will not have any insurance benefits, so if you need health insurance you will need to afford to pay this.

Also are you going to have any liablity insurance, if you are working there and knock over a computer, who is going to pay for that, or if you do something and set the building on fire and so on.

Just some things to think of. I have seen too many contract workers, work for what they though was good money till end of the year and they they find out they owe 1000's in taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Office cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

I am starting office cleaning business. I have researched almost every aspect of the business. I have tried getting in touch with some buildings but unable to get in touch with the right person handling the cleaning contract. Who do you think should I ask for? Should I ask for building manager,...

How do I get a office cleaning license [ 8 Answers ]

I want to start a cleaning business and would like to get info about getting licensed and bonded. Ive been all over the internet but there is never a direct answer. What site or who do I call for a license?:)

Office cleaning licence [ 3 Answers ]

How do get I office cleanig licence?

Office cleaning business [ 1 Answers ]

I just decided to start my own office cleaning business, I was wondering how I go about getting licensed and bonded.

Office cleaning business [ 3 Answers ]

I am wanting to start a office cleaning business. I just don't know where to begin. What I should charge. What I need do.

View more questions Search