Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dot716 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Payment Plan Mortgage payment behind
    I was recently off work for two months and unable to pay my mortgage payments. My company put me on a payment plan and now they are charging me with other fees that were not told to me. I want to know how can I find out if their practices are legal. Who is the watchdog for these companies. I am making the payments in the plan that they put me on. They also told me that they had someone to go to my house and see if someone lived there and that they were charging me for that. Please help.

Dot716
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Sounds like a bad lender, they can only charge you fees that are listed in your mortgage contract, get it out and read it.

If they are sending someone out to your house, they are getting ready to start foreclosure ( my guess) since having a home inspection is the first step, there would be no other reason to send someone out.
    akman Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 11:15 PM
    You might send a letter to the Comptroller of Currency in your State and they most likely will compel the institution to divulge to them exactly what is going on with your note. They act as somewhat of an arbitrator or go between. Good Luck
    persians Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2010, 10:35 PM
    I feel really bad for you and wish I could help but my lesson was a hard one learned with my mortgage I too let you got where I could not pay my mortgage they did not care about me and tired to at first get information out of me about is there anyone as living with you where is you ex living, just seening what money they could get out of me before they bell out , or let to drown. I told them on one and I did not know anything about my ex and they made me so angry I told them that if they would not work a new mortgage modification plan because I could not afford to pay with next to no job that they could have the house because I don't have any money and know of no one that could help me and I would just let the house go. They agreed to work a new mortgage which was 300 bucks lower, and I dose not help to tell them if you could get money from else where because all they want to so is get more and more out of you. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skip a mortgage payment [ 5 Answers ]

I have never been in the situation I am right now. I do not know how to approach my mortgage company to see about skipping a payment or making interest only payments. How should such a conversation be done

Mortgage Loan Payment [ 2 Answers ]

WHat is the monthly payment on a 30 year loan for $200,000 at 8%

Payment plan [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have been contacted by a collection agency to pay a $6000.00 debt which is legit. I want to negotiate a payment plan. What is the minimum monthly payment I should ask for that the agency will accept without taking me to court? Thanks,

Mortgage Payment After Tax Refund [ 3 Answers ]

How do I canculate how much tax refund I will get from the IRS. I am planning to buy a townhome for $700K in NJ. Property taxes are $7600 annually. Mortgage Loan amount borrowed will be $670,000. Also is there a way to get tax refund on a quarterly or monthly basis or would I need to wait till...

Mortgage Payment [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is the borrower and I am the co-borrower on our mortgage. My husband died 9/11/06. I am now 3 months behind on payment (had to pay for funeral). I no longer qualify for my husband's SS money, because my SS is higher. I can pay the mortgage myself if the bank would just put the 3 payments...

View more questions Search