Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluebazzer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 05:48 AM
    VW Passat diesel staring problems when warm
    I have a 2003 VW Passat 1.9 TDI (130bhp) that starts fine in the morning runs fine but when warm and left for 5-10 minutes requires about 3-5 seconds of cranking over before it starts again, then it fine again.
    blindman27 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Dec 25, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Check the radiator it might be losing water or stuffed and the water does not has normal flow
    And take a look at the water pump as well
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 25, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebazzer
    I have a 2003 VW Passat 1.9 TDI (130bhp) that starts fine in the morning runs fine but when warm and left for 5-10 mins requires about 3-5 seconds of cranking over before it starts again, then it fine again.
    Do you mean: 1.8L ?
    That sounds more like a fuel delivery problem than coolant flow.

I recommend you take it to the dealer. The fuel system is under pressure and shouldn't be tampered with if you aren't familiar with such systems.

The problem may be a faulty fuel pressure regulator or possibly a failed deceleration shut-off valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Power Stroke Diesel Problems [ 27 Answers ]

I'm looking for a 3/4 ton pick-up and noticed there are a lot of Ford F-250's for sale that have the "Power Stroke" 6L diesel engine. A friend of mine told me to stay away from them because they have problems, but couldn't be more specific. Anybody know the history on these engines?:confused:

Non-staring 97 Civic Coupe 1.6i LS (SOHC) [ 28 Answers ]

Hi guys, I've currently got a non-starting (UK) 1997 Civic Coupe 1.6i LS. I was driving it last week when the CEL came on. As I was a couple of minutes from home, I drove back and parked up, then when I came to try the car later that day, it refused to start. When the ignition key is turned,...

1996 E-350 Power Stroke Turbo Diesel Problems [ 1 Answers ]

1996 E-350 Power Stroke Turbo Diesel Problems Just started running real bad At start up RMPs drop to 530 fluctuating to 640 very slow. What would cause this to run perfectly smooth to absolutely brutal? Thanks

VW passat warm start [ 15 Answers ]

I have a volkswagen passat on 51 plate and it is having problems starting when warm used to do it rarely now is doing it on regulry basis I think its starting motor any ideas any one thanks

View more questions Search