Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moxguy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Bartending options
    I'm 18 years old and a senior in high school. I've been looking at job options to pay for college next year, insurance, gas, etc. Bartending has always seemed interesting to me, especially flair bartending (look up a video of it if you haven't seen it, it looks awesome). I started juggling five years ago and I am relatively good at it, so the "flair" is already partially developed. Does anyone have experience with bartending, or could anyone offer any advice on the matter?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 11:13 PM
    I wish I could tell you how great bartending is -- many of the people go

To a bar to get drunk... Most of the people are fine for a while until they're

Drunk... I really liked tending bar but the drinking I did really affected my

Regular job -- and having quit drinking now, is the best time of my life...

Most bartenders don't make that great of wages -- and tips are not good
    moxguy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Ok, thanks for the insights. Anyone have any experience with flair bartending or know where I could learn it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bartending-GI bill or TA.will it cover the costs? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the military and will be getting out soon; my husband and I are hoping to open a bar not long after I get out. He will be dealing with the business side of the bar, while I work the bar. I have no prior experience with working at a bar so I would like to take a...

Does anyone know my options? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey my name is lisa, I'm 21 years old and I'm having a baby. I never heard from the father in the last few months. We were together for a bit but then he decided to leave and I never heard from him since. I tried a million times to contact him to see if he wanted anything to do with the baby and...

What are my options [ 7 Answers ]

The mother of my son has lied in court and to her family about me. She has taken my 3 year year old son away and refuses any contact with me or my family. I have had sole legal custidy of my 8 year old daughter for 4 years now and am worried about what her lies will do in regards of me having my...

Options? [ 3 Answers ]

I got into an ajustable rate mortgage 2 years ago. The rate was 7.3%, which, at the time was the best I could get with my bad credit. Now, the rate has jumped to 10.3% and I'm being told it will jump to 13.3% in another 6 months. I already could barely afford the payments before the first jump...

What are my options? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B.A. in accounting and business (1996). I currently work for $11 an hour in the medical field processing Medicare/Medicaid claims for a private doctor. I would like to earn more money but am uncertain of the possibilities. Do you have any suggestions? I have considered starting my own...

View more questions Search