Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mary69Jane Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 06:42 PM
    CRUSHING on the wrong guy.
    OK, so I have a very peculiar dilemma that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.
    There is this guy in school that I used to really, really like, but I didn't know how to get to know him an get closer to him and stuff. But I was kind of friends with his best friend. So then we devised a deilish plan (lol): me and the guy I know would pretend to date each other. That would help me get closer to his friend (whom I really like) because I would spend more time with them, and he would see what a perfect girlfriend I am, and be jealous that I'm taken, etc. And then the other guy would also benefit because he'd be more popular for having a "girlfriend' and more girls would want to date him. We thought it was a prety cool plan and that everyone would win. (though I know it probably seems like the stupidest plan ever and I totally see that now) . Anyway, we've been doing this for a couple of months( just preteding to date, not kissing or anything, so it's not gross or whatever.)
    But the problem is, the more time I spent with this guy pretending to date him, the more I found myself liking him, and now I'm really into him.
    It's hard to tell what he's thinking: but he never actually said he likes me more than a friend or has other motifs in dating me other than becoming more popular, but sometimes I kind of feel he might like me back.
    I'm at loss, cause I want a chance with him, but I don't want to mess up our friendship.
    So what do I do: -tell him how I feel or
    - keep going with the whole thing so I can at least get the other guy
    Or - end the whole thing before it gets more messed up.

Your advice is very welcome and would really help. (as long as it's polite. LOL)
    And sorry this is so long, but I wanted to explain it all. ( cause it's a complicated situation.)
    billabong Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Your plan obvesously back fired maybe you should date the guy you like the most
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 20, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Well since your dumb plan didn't work, why are you to still playing this game HHMMMMMMMM! Take a chance, and see if he is on the same page as you.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 07:21 PM
    I agree with the others. Tell him how you feel.

Dec 20, 2007, 08:25 PM
    I was thinking that, but if I tell him and he doesn't feel the same way then I would loose him and the chance with the other guy! :( I don't know what to do!

Dec 20, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that the plan did work on the level that I got to know the guy I initially liked and feel I have a chance with him. The fact that I realized he's not the one I want anymore is not the plan's shortcoming!
    moxguy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 08:59 PM
    I agree with everyone else, tell him how you feel. If you get the feeling that he might like you back, you're probably right. On the off chance that he doesn't, I'm guessing that the awkward period wouldn't last too terribly long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why does everyone seem to be emotionally crushing me? [ 3 Answers ]

Im a 19 year old girl, who born with a cleft lip and palate has been through tough operations and a lot of bullying about it throughout school. I also had weight issues and have been somewhat overweight for most of my life. Two years ago, I was sexually abused by my father, which destroyed me as...

What's wrong with me? [ 18 Answers ]

I'm in my late teens, and first year of uni, but have been having problems for over two years now. I have changes in mood and behaviour that seem to change about every 6 months. For 6 months I'll be OK, fairly happy and ethusiastic about the world, then around the middle of the year comes and I...

Am I wrong? [ 7 Answers ]

My relationship wit my boyfriend has been great but most of the times we argue. For stupid stuff We are going on two years and from the beginning I have told him I can be a jealous girl.. well I don't know but I get so jealous when he's wit his friends or I get mad when he's on his phone messaging...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search