Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    envee505 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Books to study for Customs Broker Exam
    Where can I get books to study at home to become a Customs Broker? I just want to study and prepare for the April test with out paying a fortune for a online 'course'. Can anyone direct me?? Thanks in advance!
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 21, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Here are a couple of books on being a customs broker:

Amazon.com: Your Successful Career As a Mortgage Broker: Books: David Reed

Amazon.com: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Success as a Mortgage Broker (Complete Idiot's Guide to): Books: Daniel S. Kahn,Marian Edelman Borden

I don't know how useful these would be for studying for the exam. You can download past exams and study keys at the following site which is oneway you can get some practice in advance of the exam without laying out money for study materials:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection - Import

Vasily
    skyfreight Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 12:13 PM
    For $525 (cheapest I found) is American Customs Association DVD course for the Customs Broker License Exam. I think the web is Customs Broker License | Customs Broker Exam | Customs Broker Course
    Or Customs Broker License | Customs Broker Exam | Customs Broker Course

Sorry came out funny - it's AmericanCustoms.Org
    :)
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 02:51 PM
    The proper body that trains and certifies customs brokers in the us is The National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America, Inc.

Exam prep courses are available, contact them, maybe they will sell you just the manuals, and as posted above vasily showed where to download old exams from previous years.

Also Vasily, the books you posted are for Mortgage brokers not customs brokers.

Customs Broker Prep Courses - Education Institute - NCBFAA

Finally, all of these answers have assumed you live in the US, if you don't please let us know which country.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Feb 21, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    Also Vasily, the books you posted are for Mortgage brokers not customs brokers.
    When I searched for customs broker, the books shown showed up and I linked to them by mistake. If you want to find books on Amazon, select Books and enter "customs broker" including the quotes in the search field. A number of books and articles are returned... unfortunately, most seem to be out of print or unavailable.
    cmkexportimport Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 05:10 PM
    Hey... I offer a study module for $99.99 of 18 exams plus... you need the Custosm Regulations, USTSUS (Tariff) and the docs on the CBP website that are stated for exam.

Check www.importcomply.com broker exam... the exams have full answer explanations... see comments of one who used the materials and passed...

Regards
    cmkexportimport Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 05:15 PM
    Correction price is $149.99 not $99.99
    seeseeonline Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 10:07 PM
    Hello, I have all the books for Customs Broker Exam October 2009. Including three books: Code of Federal Regulations, CFR 19
    0-140, 141-199,200 to end.

By Chapter of HTS :2009-07-01 - Supplement 1, Official Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States Annotated. More than 10 lbs.

They are brand new. I changed my mind and do not want to be a custom broker anymore. All thos books I bought them for $350. Now I will sell for $220 and free shipping as bonus for you. My lost is your gain. Please contact me at : [email protected]

Thanks,
    Los Angeles buyer welcome to local pick up.
    wossene44lakew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 10:47 AM
    Dear Seeseeonline,

I am interested on the books. Would you tell me what the prices are. I will pay for shipping. I do appreciates your prompt response. Please send me a reply as "[email protected].

Thanks a million!
    clepguides Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2013, 10:49 PM
    If you are preparing for CLEP - College-Level Examination Program It is recommended to refer <a href="http://www.clepexamstudyguides.com">www.clepexamstudyguid es.com</a> For your CLEP Study Guides and Flash Cards.

All The Best
    clepguides Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2013, 10:50 PM
    If you are preparing for CLEP - College-Level Examination Program It is recommended to refer http://www.clepexamstudyguides.com For your CLEP Study Guides and Flash Cards.

All The Best
    miztery Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2013, 01:55 PM
    I understand that Boskage will send you the April updated HTS and 19 CFR materials if you do not pass the Oct. 2013 exam

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exam Study [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone done self study towards a help desk certification? If so, how long did you study for before taking the exams? Thanks!

Being Sued by our Ex-broker. [ 4 Answers ]

We were intending to refinance home and being summoned to small claims (CA) by our ex-broker for "breach of contract:fees already pd. by plaintiff prior to defendents breach of contract". Here are the facts... 12/04/06-Sign/notarized all docs (incl. 3-day right to cancel) 01/04/07-Called...

Broker fees [ 3 Answers ]

Can I write off the broker fees that I paid when I refinanced my house? If so were do I deduct them at?

Best books to study for MCSE cert exam 70-270 [ 2 Answers ]

Let me just help to know which is the best book that will cover all the topics that are covered in MCSE cert exam 70-270.

View more questions Search