Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaimini2010 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 02:56 PM
    If I have black hair and I want to get highlights what color should I get.
    I have black hair and I want to get highlights so what color highlights should I get...
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 20, 2007, 03:38 PM
    If you have black hair, the highlights should be no more than three shades lighter than your current color because it's going to look unnatural. It's best to choose a color that compliments your skin tone. You should add some red, gold or brown highlights on your hair.
    Aunt Sam Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 09:06 AM
    I think light brown or milk chocolate brown looks the best with black. With medium to larger sized highlights it comes out awesome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Putting highlights in black hair [ 6 Answers ]

OK... I've been planning on putting some highlights in my hair for awhile now, but I have no idea how to go about it. I've asked a couple of people, but it didn't seem like they really knew what they were talking about. A person told me to go get some 40 volume developer to bleach my hair and...

What color hair with black dress? [ 7 Answers ]

I already bought my prom dress for this upcoming Prom. Its Black and its looks young n sexy. Im wanting to change my hair color for prom but I don't know what would look the best with my dress. Im considering going blonde and doing the black underneath. Help!

Jet Black Hair in need of a new color fast (for a job)! [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has permanent jet black dyed hair. She needs to dye it brown. Any chance that it can be done at home? Wish she would've left it blonde! What if I strip it by using the same lift that I use to do my husbands hair pale blonde?

I have black hair and I want a new color is there any way to speed up the fading? [ 8 Answers ]

Well lets see around last christmas I dyed my hair black. I dyed it 2 more times after that to keep up with the color I have not dyed it in roughly 3 months. But now I want to dye my hair a mix of natural red and the actual color of red. My stylist can make the color for me, but I can't introduce...

How do I dye my jet black hair to a light brown color? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I dyed my hair dark brown but obviously it came out in this unnatural gothic black color. How do I color it back to something like ight or medium brown? Can I use semi permanent haircolor or something else? If so what color do you recommend I use? Thanks

View more questions Search