Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spsnshm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 01:11 PM
    How can I be sure if she is mine?
    We have been very good friends since our childhood. These days I hardly get the opportunity to meet her as we both are busy with our jobs, but that really didn't affect our friendship.
    I love her from the bottom of my heart, but I cannot be sure whether she has similar feelings for me or not. I could never express my feelings in the fear of losing her and her friendship. Whenever we meet, she always wants to be with me and we talk a lot over various topics. She sometimes also wishes that if we could meet more often. Occasionally when we talked about our views on love in general and how she 'got rid of' the guys who had proposed her, I noticed that she is a bit conservative about relationships. Our families are also very close to each other and they see us as 'brother and sister'. So now if I go and tell her, it might also sound like a betrayal from her childhood friend and our friendship will be ruined forever...
    So please help me, I need to be sure before I proceed... I simply cannot loose her...
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Dec 20, 2007, 01:46 PM
    My... My... why do you put so much pressure on yourself my dear friend. Do you think offering love and having it accepted comes in a nice neat box, covered with red hearts and a big red bow?

No silly, it's called chance. That's what you have to do, take a chance. The way I see it, it's your only option. Sitting here worrying about something you have no power to control does not seem like an option at all.

I've learned a lot about love and friendship in my life so far and I can tell you this;friendship is a very strong and powerfrul connection between two people. Love comes and goes. It even comes and goes between two friends. However, true friendship will still be there.

You have spent a lifetime looking from a distance and sure of what your heart is telling you. Sometimes as scared as we are, we simply have to jump. Put it all out there. Is she worth it? It sounds like it if you have grown-up falling more in love with her as time passes.

Distance between true friends, who do share a form of love, at any level, is hard. I know first hand how painful that absence can be. However, when you miss them most you pick up the phone, send an e-mail, text, or do something special and buy a card and send it out of the clear blue. Does it take away the void you feel by the distance between the two of you, no. Just know that your friend, love or not, misses you just as much.

Take a chance, you only get to go through this life once. Don't leave it with regrets, or what if's.

Good luck to you...
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 01:53 PM
    You ever go skydiving and someone asks, SO YOU WANT TO FLY UP IN A PERFECTLY GOOD AIRPLANE, AND JUMP OUT WEARING NOTHING BUT A BED SHEET ON YOUR BACK?

... sorta what love is like. Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 20, 2007, 06:13 PM
    I once thought as you do now, but I am very happy that I remained friends. Its very hard to go back, once you have crossed the line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She's mine all mine, song [ 1 Answers ]

It kind of an upbeat rock song and I'm not sure who sings it. Those are the only words I know lol

Which last name is first his or mine? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm about to get married and like most women I want to keep my last name but I also want to have his :D I've asked family and friends and they just confused the heck out of me some say his - mine others say mine-his... my questions is which last name is first?

Not mine [ 5 Answers ]

I found out that the child that she had isn't even mine but I've already signed the birth certificate. We officially haven't gone through with the divorce, how do I go about singing my rights over?

View more questions Search