Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Player11447 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Hooking up a Wireless Router
    My wife just bought a HP Laptop. I need instructions on how to hook up the wireless router to my home computer and Cox High Speed Modem. And then set up the Network for the 2.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Read the manual that came with the router. Generally you plug the ethernet cable from the modem into the WAN port of the router. You plug the ethernet cable from the desktop into a LAN port of the router. On the laptop you use the Wireless connection wizard.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 08:16 PM
    This site may help you understand how to set up a home network

PracticallyNetworked.com

Hope this helps -- Good Luck
    Legalcom CEO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Accurate but not helpfulll

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best wireless router [ 5 Answers ]

Which wireless router is the best to buy, to hook computer on the net to a laptop?

Wireless dsl router [ 3 Answers ]

I'Verizon DSL with a Westell 6100 modem and I would like to know which of these 2 wireless routers would be best for me to buy(a Netgear WRG614 wireless router or a 2Wire 2700HG wireless router?Which 1 is better anyway?

Wireless router [ 1 Answers ]

What are the steps to installing a Netgear WRG614 wireless router if I'm already using Verizon DSL with a Westell 6100 modem?

Wireless router [ 12 Answers ]

I'm having difficulty installing my wireless router Linksys WRT150 N. I can't get beyond the password screen even though it is already encrypted on the screen. Customer help couldn't help me and neither would comcast since it's not their product.

Hooking 2 computers through a router [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to get 2 computers to go through a Cable Modem. They both work hooked up individually but not together through the Linksys 8+1. They are both plugged into a Linksys 8+1 Workgroup GigaSwitch EtherFast 10/100/1000 and that device is plugged into the cable modem. Is the 8+1 also known...

View more questions Search