Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rogerbputt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2005, 11:28 AM
    Good water pressure in Master Bath, but no where else
    In the past 2 weeks I had low Hot water pressure. I fixed that problem by replacing the inlet and outlet nipple fittings. (Both were clogged/corroded).
    Now, I have good hot water pressure but only in the master bath and laundry room. The MB is the fartherest point away from the hot water heater and the laundry is the closest point. I have good cold water in the master bath and laundry too. However, I have very low pressure in all other areas of the house. Could I have an air lock somewhere?

Here's a run down:
    Master Bath (2nd floor) has good pressure
    Guest bath (2nd floor) has very low pressure
    Half Bath and kitchen (first floor) have low pressure.
    Laundry (first floor) good pressure
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 24, 2005, 12:53 PM
    Hi Rodger,

"In the past 2 weeks I had low Hot water pressure. I fixed that problem by replacing the inlet and outlet nipple fittings. (Both were clogged/corroded)."
    The inlet nipple and outlet nipple to what? Remove the aerator from the kitchen sinks faucer spout and tell me if the screen's clear or if it has crud on it. I'll wait on your reply. Tom
    rogerbputt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2005, 01:14 PM
    Tom,
    The inlet/outlet nipples are on the hot water heater. Also, I replaced the dielectric union as they were corroded too.
    The hot water is normal now.

The problem is with no prssure or very, very low pressure in certain areas of the house. I did clean all aerators as well. My discovery is that the 3/4" pipe feeds my upstairs master bath (sink and tub) and 3/4" goes to by guest tub. Also, 3/4" supplies the laundry. Those areas are fine. It appears that the areas that are split off with 1/2" pipe are the ones that have no pressure or just a trickle. Those areas are the kitchen, half bath (both on first floor) and the sink in the guest bath (2nd floor). Hmmm? Boyles Law?

Roger
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 24, 2005, 01:24 PM
    Open up the kitchen faucet and check the inlet ports of the cartridge for crud or trash build up. Now place a pan over the open valve body and turn on the supplies to flush them out. How often do you flush your heater? It should be done once a month and more if you have a high mineral content in your water.
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud Noise From Toilet In Master Bath [ 4 Answers ]

Help, we have lived in this home for about 4 years. It was new construction. Recently we have started having a loud noise when you flush the toilet in just one bathroom. The noise actually fades away after the toilet has completed the flushing action. It does not sound like a pipe it is almost...

Low bath tub and shower pressure [ 2 Answers ]

We had a leak and some pipes had to be changed that lead to the shower head. We also had a new tub faucet installed. Pressure was low to both the shower and tub so we had the plumber return for an adjustment. It was OK for a while, but still not very much pressure. Several months passed and ...

Hot water in bath, not kitchen! [ 3 Answers ]

Recently purchased house built in 1955. I noticed that the hot water in the kithchen both faucet and dishwasher is barely warm. In the two bathrooms, however, water is sufficiently hot. Setting on gas water heater is set almost to full hot. Home has only one water heater. What could be going...

New Master Bath [ 1 Answers ]

I have read some earlier posts and thought they were very informative, so I thought I would post my delema. I have built a new addition part of which is a new master bath. Along the backwall there is (in row) Toilet, Tub and a separate shower. My original plans call for a 3" drain connecting...

No pressure in master bath shower [ 1 Answers ]

In the master bath shower we have very little pressure but in the other bath there is lots of pressure. The fixtures in the shower are old could this be the problem. HELP!!

View more questions Search