Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebaxson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Underage Consumption in Cobb County court in the A.M
    I received an underage consumption while visiting a friend at ksu however it was off campus and it was from cobb county police who I hear is pretty rough what will I receive or what are my options please help I have court in the morning thank you -Ellis
    ebaxson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 09:49 PM
    Cobb county is in Georgia if anyone need clarification and I'm 19 if that matters
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Dec 28, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Were you driving a vehicle?

Were you out in public?

What happened that the Cobb County Police even noticed you in the first place?

What was your Blood Alcohol level?

These all play into what will happen, but Georgia isn't afraid to give out citations for underage drinking. Usually probation and/or community service for the first offense. But if you were driving--it does count as a DUI and the five year count-down is in effect.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2007, 11:11 AM
    You'll have to appear in court to answer the charge. They'll have to prove your guilt, i.e. they have to show that you were in fact drinking.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Yes the underage consumption laws in GA are very interesting, I have arrested dozens on that over the years here in GA as police officer.

1. they don't need and normally don't take BAC ( levels)
    2. If the officer say you drinking or even in possession of a can or bottle, the judges view this as evidence enough
    3. The officers statements as to the smell of your breath and your speech and actions will also be used and also are enough to convict in most courts.

Cobb country police are the worst for this beyond college campus police, and the cobb county court will be much harder on this than the Fulton county court would be. You can expect a fine, and probation, if you are lucky theyy may allow you to do some public service ( normally working at a food kitchen or at a homeless shelter for so many hours) and if you do that they will dismiss the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage consumption [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is on probation for underage consumption in Minnesota and just got another one in Wisconsin. What will happen to her

Underage alcohol consumption [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a juvenile in miami county in Ohio only 14,girl got a underage alcohlol consumption what are the charges in the juvenile court system for a underage alcohol consumption.

Underage consumption ticket in WI [ 3 Answers ]

I received a ticket for underage consumption of alcohol while walking home. I've been trying to find methods for fighting a ticket of this nature and have a few questions. A few people have told me that at least for many traffic tickets, the cop often doesn't appear in court and these cases are...

Underage possesion/consumption charges [ 2 Answers ]

I was given a citation for underage possession/consumption in the state of Georgia. The officer wrote on there that I only had 2 beers that night. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the usual punishments where for that charge and if I really truly need a lawyer because I am a college student...

Underage Consumption Citation [ 5 Answers ]

I received a citation last year, in Murfreesboro TN, and the probation is over in march. While getting a ride home a few nights ago, we were pulled over. My friend, who was driving, told the cop that he had been drinking, the other passenger as well as I told the other officer we had not been...

View more questions Search